Console to Router?

Post by Mike » Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:35:17

Sorry for the newbie question, what is the command to connect to a router
(via console port) that is connected to the serial port using Solaris?
Thanks in advance!

Console to Router?

Post by Tony Siriann » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 11:13:56

tip

T.

Quote:> Sorry for the newbie question, what is the command to connect to a router
> (via console port) that is connected to the serial port using Solaris?
> Thanks in advance!

1. Serial console to Router?

Would anyone be able to let me know (in general) what I need to do to
setup a serial port so that I can console into a Cisco Router?  I have
setup minicom, but no response. I am using a laptop and trying to setup
the external serial port (COM1 - ttys0). The configuration I have works
OK on my windows machine, but I want to get a console session using
Linux Redhat 6.2 on a laptop.

Thanks in advance,

3. How to attach to console port of a router via com port ?

4. How do I find a persons IP address?

5. How do I get my serial port to talk to the console port on a router???

6. Bootmagic won't be activated

7. connecting to a router through a console port

8. Is there a "Link Logger" clone for Linux?

9. no serial port and no parrallel port how do i console to a router

10. consoling into a 'real' router

11. linux as console for cisco router

12. Help - how to console to Cisco router

13. router's Console on SOlaris