Setting time zone?

Post by Bryan O'Sulliv » Wed, 05 Jun 1996 04:00:00

j> It seems that my server thinks it's PDT (Pacific Daylight Time),
j> when, in fact, it's EDT (Eastern Daylight Time)

See the TIMEZONE(4) man page, and hange /etc/TIMEZONE according to
your needs.

        <b

--
Let us pray:
What a Great System.

Setting time zone?

Post by rbar.. » Thu, 06 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>It seems that my server thinks it's PDT (Pacific Daylight Time), when,
>in fact, it's EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) I think (well, I forget
>whether it's daylight savings time or not now).  Either way, I can't
>seem to get 'date' and my server to think otherwise.

>What am I missing.  I checked the default profile and login, and it's
>not there...

You can change the default TZ value in the /etc/default/init file.
The entry here is :

TZ=CET-1DST

so I guess you'd use

TZ=EDT
or
TZ=EDT-1DST

Rene Barbier
I.R.I.S.
OCR group
Rue du Bosquet 10
B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve
Belgium

Setting time zone?

Post by rbar.. » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>You can change the default TZ value in the /etc/default/init file.
>The entry here is :

>TZ=CET-1DST

>so I guess you'd use

>TZ=EDT