Solaris issue remounting devices after reboot

Solaris issue remounting devices after reboot

Post by nigelstu.. » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 19:48:37

I have a Solaris 9 system that I rebooted with LUNs attached which had
filesystems on them and were mounted.  After the reboot the system does
not remount the LUNs which were mounted before the reboot.  Is there a
configuration setting that I can activate to have Solaris automatically
mount all devices that were mounted before it rebooted?

Thanks in advance for any help.

- Nigel

Post by Thommy M » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 20:21:56

> I have a Solaris 9 system that I rebooted with LUNs attached which had
> filesystems on them and were mounted.  After the reboot the system does
> not remount the LUNs which were mounted before the reboot.  Is there a
> configuration setting that I can activate to have Solaris automatically
> mount all devices that were mounted before it rebooted?

If listed correctly in /etc/vfstab the should mount
# mount -p|grep "^/dev"
will list mounted filesystems in a vfstab appropriate format

Post by j.goe.. » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 20:36:15

> If listed correctly in /etc/vfstab the should mount
> # mount -p|grep "^/dev"
> will list mounted filesystems in a vfstab appropriate format

The "mount -p" also contains the entries for the non-/dev mounts,
so you could create a script containing
mount -p > /etc/vfstab
to save the current state, albeit not really pretty.

Jens
--
Jens Goerke, mobilcom Server Systeme
Postadresse: Mobilcom, Hollerstr. 126, 24782 Buedelsdorf

Post by Stu » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 20:46:53

> I have a Solaris 9 system that I rebooted with LUNs attached which had
> filesystems on them and were mounted.  After the reboot the system does
> not remount the LUNs which were mounted before the reboot.  Is there a
> configuration setting that I can activate to have Solaris automatically
> mount all devices that were mounted before it rebooted?

> Thanks in advance for any help.

> - Nigel

Are you using any sort of volume manager at all?

Solaris issue remounting devices after reboot

Post by nigelstu.. » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 21:45:18

I am not using any volume manager...

I've decided to take the script approach to remount the devices.
I guess it was wishful thinking that there was a simple yes|no field in
a Solaris config file somewhere to resolve my issue. :-)

Everyone, thank you for your help and feedback.

- Nigel

Post by Thommy M » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 22:40:39

> I am not using any volume manager...

> I've decided to take the script approach to remount the devices.
> I guess it was wishful thinking that there was a simple yes|no field in
> a Solaris config file somewhere to resolve my issue. :-)

Totally wrong approach!!! The /etc/vfstab is where you should add
entrys for
your mounts. This is standard UNIX. It is really easy. Just look in the
file to get a feeling of the layout

Quote:> Everyone, thank you for your help and feedback.

Please, follow the advices on this one or you'll end up with so many
questions here that we'll start calling you names, please

Post by Stu » Sat, 24 Jun 2006 23:39:40

> > I am not using any volume manager...

> > I've decided to take the script approach to remount the devices.
> > I guess it was wishful thinking that there was a simple yes|no field in
> > a Solaris config file somewhere to resolve my issue. :-)

> Totally wrong approach!!! The /etc/vfstab is where you should add
> entrys for
> your mounts. This is standard UNIX. It is really easy. Just look in the
> file to get a feeling of the layout

> > Everyone, thank you for your help and feedback.

> Please, follow the advices on this one or you'll end up with so many
> questions here that we'll start calling you names, please

Agreed, if you can mount those filesystems on those LUNs with the mount
command then they should be in the /etc/vfstab.

1. Informix problems afters Y2K Solaris 2.5 patch

Since I did the Y2K patch for Solaris 2.5 on a Ultra Sparc 1 system,
Informix 7.22 refuses to startup properly.
Anyone experienced a simular problem? Any suggestions?
Attached some system information and the relevant part of the online.log

Has van der Krieken.

# uname -a
SunOS sungemms 5.5 Generic_103093-25 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1
# su - informix
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.5       Generic November 1995
$ onstat -V
INFORMIX-OnLine Version 7.22.UC2   Software Serial Number AAA#J917741
$ cat online.log

Mon Dec 27 16:09:48 1999

16:09:48  Event alarms enabled.  ALARMPROG = '/informix/etc/no_log.sh'
16:09:48  DR: DRAUTO is 0 (Off)
16:09:49  INFORMIX-OnLine Initialized -- Shared Memory Initialized.
16:09:49  Physical Recovery Started.
16:09:49  Physical Recovery Complete: 0 Pages Restored.
16:09:49  Logical Recovery Started.
16:09:49  shmget: [ENOMEM][12]: key 52574804: out of shared memory, check
system
 SHMALL
16:09:49  out of virtual shared memory

16:09:49  Assert Failed: Internal Error - Segmentation Violation

                Thread(13, bld_logrecs, d039530, 1)
16:09:49   Results: OnLine must abort
16:09:49   Action: Reinitialize shared memory
16:09:49   See Also: /var/tmp/af.d813d
16:09:49  rsinit.c, line 9932, thread 13, proc id 20737, Segmentation
Violation.
16:09:49    PANIC: Attempting to bring system down

2. Newbie needs Help!

3. :How to remount root rw w/out '-o remount' or '-u'?

4. Message Queues

5. remounting disks without rebooting?

6. StorEdge LibMON 2.0 & Solaris 7 64 bits

7. ? no-reboot remount dsk/c0.. -> vx/rootvol

8. Is Multitech 2834ZDXI a Winmodem ?

9. Solaris x86 9 (8/03): Device Configuration Assistant at every reboot?

10. mount -o remount,ro cause error "device is busy"

11. remounting loop devices?

12. remounting tape devices

13. remounting root device on boot