SCSI errors on bootup (help!)

Post by Ben Ellist » Tue, 13 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Hi.

I've just installed a Fast SCSI-2 hard disk in a Sun workstation and,
upon booting, I get lots of error message roughly reading:

        "SCSI bus error: parity out phase"

I am _relatively_ certain the drive's SCSI ID is unique (although is
there a way to list them from the firmware?), however I suspect I may
have SCSI parity set incorrectly.  This drive supports parity, and I
have enabled it.  Should I disable it?

Thanks a million.

Cheers,
Ben.

1. Help needed with AHA1540B SCSI errors on bootup.

Linux Experts,

        I am trying to add an AHA1540B SCSI card to my Linux box, and
rebuilt the kernel (make config; make dep; make clean; make zdisk).

        During the 'make config' the closest support I could find for the
AHA1540B was the AHA1542, and selected support for that card.

        Now when I boot using the new kernel, the SCSI card id detected, but
I get the foll scrolling errors

        SCSI host 0 abort() timed out - resetting
        Sending BUS DEVICE RESET to target 0
        Sending DID_RESET for target 0
        (above line repeated 7 or 8 times)
        scsi: aborting command due to timeout: pid 0, scsi0, id 0, lun 0 Test UnitReady 00 00 00 00 00

I have double checked the cabling, SCSI addresses and Termination. My
setup is as follows:

        External Opt Drive, SCSI Addr 1, External termination

        AHA1540B SCSI Card, SCSI Addr 7, No terminating resistors

        Internal Disk Drive, SCSI Addr 0, No terminating resistors

        Internal Tape Drive, SCSI Addr 2, WITH Terminating resistors.

The AHA1540 card is setup with the factory settings.

Any help on the above matter appreciated.

Thanx,

Raj.

2. ps UNIX95 or XPG4 Behaviour

3. SCSI errors w/ 1542C at bootup

4. what distro for an ooold box?

5. HELP: NCR SCSI (AUS SC-200) hangs at bootup

6. Special data acquisition project

7. HELP: NCR810 SCSI hangs at bootup - more info

8. COPS protocol implementation

9. cdrecord 1.8a21 fails with scsi error "write_g1: scsi sendcmd: retryable error"

10. Bootup error - please help me fix...

11. BOOTUP ERROR : HELP!

12. help with some module errors at bootup...

13. HELP: Bootup Error .....