DiskSuite stripe or concat

Post by Marc » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 00:41:39

Hello,

I would like to create a partition which contains two physical slices of
two different disks, so my choice is either to do a stripe or either to
do a concat. The problem is that these two slices are not the same size
and I just read that for stripping the slices have to be the same size
or I will loose space, is that right ? Any opinions about striping or
should I go for concat ?

Regards

DiskSuite stripe or concat

Post by Michael Tos » Thu, 05 Sep 2002 02:32:57

> Hello,

> I would like to create a partition which contains two physical slices of
> two different disks, so my choice is either to do a stripe or either to
> do a concat. The problem is that these two slices are not the same size
> and I just read that for stripping the slices have to be the same size
> or I will loose space, is that right ? Any opinions about striping or
> should I go for concat ?

> Regards

Yes, with striping you get two times the smaller slice. Some space on the
bigger slice is wasted.
Go for concat.

--

Michael Tosch / Master IS/IT Support