Converting old-style password file to new password/shadow file

Converting old-style password file to new password/shadow file

Post by Paul Virgo.RMS.23/S411.x6787 » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Is there an FAQ or a sharetool to do this? I could just get off my *
and do a 'perl',
but I'd like to know if there's a program that I can hold onto. Thanks
bunches....

Virgo

--

Things you never want to see at the Ice Capades: 'Blacula on Ice'
believe in the God who believes in YOU!

Post by Robert Yode » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> Is there an FAQ or a sharetool to do this? I could just get off my *
> and do a 'perl',
> but I'd like to know if there's a program that I can hold onto. Thanks
> bunches....

man pwconv

Robert Yoder
--

"Unix:  The Solution to the W2K Problem."

Converting old-style password file to new password/shadow file

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Thu, 26 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>Is there an FAQ or a sharetool to do this? I could just get off my *
>and do a 'perl',
>but I'd like to know if there's a program that I can hold onto. Thanks

"pwconv"

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.