X86 2.5 with adaptec APA348 MiniSCSI Plus Parallel

X86 2.5 with adaptec APA348 MiniSCSI Plus Parallel

Post by Wayne » Fri, 02 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hi all, does anybody know if I can use the adaptec APA348 MiniSCSI Plus
Parallel adapter to install Solaris x86 2.5 into my NEC notebook ?  I
checked the Solaris compatibility list and it shows the Trantor T348
MiniSCSI Plus Parallel is a supported product.  Is the MiniSCSI Plus
adapter are the same but just marketed under different brand name ?  If
not how can I install Solaris into my notebook as there is no PCMCIA
SCSI controller in the market that Solaris will support.
Please help ....  Thanks in advance....

Post by Darryl Seve » Sat, 03 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>Hi all, does anybody know if I can use the adaptec APA348 MiniSCSI Plus
>Parallel adapter to install Solaris x86 2.5 into my NEC notebook ?  I
>checked the Solaris compatibility list and it shows the Trantor T348
>MiniSCSI Plus Parallel is a supported product.  Is the MiniSCSI Plus
>adapter are the same but just marketed under different brand name ?  If
>not how can I install Solaris into my notebook as there is no PCMCIA
>SCSI controller in the market that Solaris will support.
>Please help ....  Thanks in advance....

Yes you can - Adaptec bought out Trantor and sometimes they are
labelled Adaptec and sometimes Trantor. What you can't do is use the
358. I have just finished using the Adaptec 348 to install 2.4.

Darryl Severn     Brisbane, Australia.

May you have the patience of Job
             the wisdom of Solomon
         and the Children of Israel.

1. WTB Trantor 348 MiniSCSI Plus Parallel

says...

The Trantor 348 is put out under the Adaptec name as a "APA-348 MINISCSI
PLUS Kit". Trantor is owned by Adaptec.
I got mine from Worldwide Technologies (215) 922-0050 (around 150.00)
Make sure you use a slow CD-rom drive. It did not install with a Plextor
6X but worked fine with a Toshiba 2x CD-rom. Also get the latest driver
update 8 boot disks.

vince

2. !- Is this possible in Linux??? (before I try it)

3. Adaptec MiniSCSI plus setup HELP!!

4. Linux

5. Adaptec MiniSCSI/Trantor Parallel Support - HELP!

6. x86 boot enhancements, dead code elimination 3/11

7. multiple Adaptec 1542CF cards for 2.5 x86?

8. Linux / Network Support Position

9. problem installing x86 2.5 with update 3 and Adaptec AHA-1542C

10. ?Adaptec 2940/Ultra and Solaris 2.5/x86 (DU6) problems

11. Solaris 2.5 (x86) & Adaptec 2842

12. HELP: 2.5 x86 install with Adaptec 2940UW controller

13. Solaris 2.5 x86 with Adaptec 2940UW