software for documentation

Post by Baoyu Yi » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hello there,
Quote:

>   I am looking for a software that can help me to make documentation
> for the source codes written in shell scripts and perl scripts.
> The software should provide the following features:
> Provide call trees( which file calls which?)
> Variable identification
> File dependence tree.

> I would like to know if there are such products on the market.

> Thanks!

> Baoyu

1. software question - documentation on software?

There is no central archive but a bunch of places and methods to get
what you want. (freshmeat.net would be one place to look.)

Each rpm contains a little description.
So they are in fact a database. Use rpm to query it.

        rpm -qi -p the_package_you_want_to_know_about.rpm

Oh, you want one liners? No problem:

        rpm -qi --queryformat "%{NAME}s: \t %{SUMMARY}s\n" *.rpm

Noch Fragen Kienzle?    *

* (Funny German Television Quote.)

        Bernhard

--
Professional Service around Free Software                (intevation.net)
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)

2. Anyone ported xmeter?

3. software for documentation

4. Linux: Max number of SCSI TCQ cmds for Atlas V drives?

5. Software for documentation

6. Icons, Icon veiwer and Icon converter

7. Documentation or software - bug?

8. ISDN FreeBSD 4.3

9. documentation on networking-software internals

10. Any detailed software documentation?

11. documentation for the format of /etc/opt/SUNWut/smartcard/ files (SUNRAY Server Software)

12. Documentation or software - bug?

13. Free Software Needs Free Documentation