Recovering from crash -- help, please.

Post by cajun.. » Tue, 31 Dec 1996 04:00:00

My workstation crashed recently.
I thought I had mirror imaging on my root file system, but it didn't seem to work.
Anyway, I restored my root file system from tape and ran installboot.
However, when I try to boot, I get the following message:-

panic:vfs_mountroot: cannot mount root
rebooting ...
Resetting ...

Then the workstation just keep rebooting until I do a Stop A.

Any advice appreciated.

TIA

1. Help: Linux crashed and won't recover

My Linux (slackware 96- Linux 2.0) has crashed and won't recover.
The system crashed completely during an X-windows session.  I had to
do a cold-reboot and upon restarting the system complains, "unable to
execute /bin/sh" and stops!
The recovery boot disk brings the same results.  Is there any way to
recover the system?

Thanx in advance
<> Silicon Avatar <>

2. restarting a process without shell access.

3. help to recover crashed disks

4. help MandrakeSecurity SNF for i586

5. HELP: Recovering a disk from a crash!!

6. Can Linux exceed hardware limits for HD size?

7. File system crash..PLEASE PLEASE HELP

8. Solaris 2.5 won't render extra Type-1 fonts

9. Need Help Recovering from Dumb Mistake: Please

10. Please help!!! need recover passwd file

11. need to recover from PartitionMagic Error #114 - please help

12. I found it! Please help me recover!

13. help recovering "Bad partition table", please