Solaris 2.5 stat device number problems

Post by Adrian Ch » Wed, 17 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Has anybody out there had any problems with stat.stdev in Solaris 2.5?
I check the device number for a file and it always gives me back 0!

Regards

Adrian Cho

Solaris 2.5 stat device number problems

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>Has anybody out there had any problems with stat.stdev in Solaris 2.5?
>I check the device number for a file and it always gives me back 0!

That would be true for devices on /tmp.

But is does return good values for other devices.

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.