Solaris x86 on Tyan Tomcat II?

Post by theodore bra » Wed, 09 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone been able to get solaris x86 to run on a Tyan Tomcat II with
both processors activated yet?  I tried a while back, gave up and went
to Linux.  I was about to try again.

Any and all info would be appreciated.

Ted Brace                   | Sin City Software  |   Jim Feist Sports

Post by D. Ro » Sun, 13 Oct 1996 04:00:00

:
: Has anyone been able to get solaris x86 to run on a Tyan Tomcat II with
: both processors activated yet?  I tried a while back, gave up and went
: to Linux.  I was about to try again.
:
: Any and all info would be appreciated.
:
Did you try DU4. I noticed booting wirh DU3 hangs the system during SCSI
device probes. With DU4 both processors work fine.

Daniel