multiple consoles back to a single screen

Post by Glenn Weinbe » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:Hayes) writes:
>We have 11 servers in our glass house and Id like some way of
>seeing the consoles from my workstation.

>Is anybody out there have a solution ?

>  - reverse telnet to a terminal server ?
>  - multi-port IO board ?

Both of these solutions work fine, and are in use by us and many of our
customers.  At Sun we tend to use the terminal server solution because
it's more flexible (you can get to consoles from anywhere on the network)
and it doesn't take up an SBus slot.

Once you have your serial lines hooked up, just start a bunch of tip windows
and off you go.

        Regards,

        Glenn

P.S. Email to you bounced.
---

Eng. Mgr., Solaris Migration Team    http://www.sun.com/smcc/solaris-migration/
Opinions expressed above should not be construed as representing any position,
official or unofficial, of SMCC or Sun Microsystems, Inc.

multiple consoles back to a single screen

Post by Mark Hay » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi

We have 11 servers in our glass house and Id like some way of
seeing the consoles from my workstation.

Is anybody out there have a solution ?

  - reverse telnet to a terminal server ?
  - multi-port IO board ?

any thoughts would be appreciated

Mark

multiple consoles back to a single screen

Post by Mike Lege » Sun, 21 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hi Mark,

Look around for a package called "snooptty" or "ttysnoop"
it replaces your your getty.  It's available at most the sunsite
Linux archives not sure about a Solaris port.

Regards
Mike

Quote:

> Hi

> We have 11 servers in our glass house and Id like some way of
> seeing the consoles from my workstation.

> Is anybody out there have a solution ?

>   - reverse telnet to a terminal server ?
>   - multi-port IO board ?

> any thoughts would be appreciated

> Mark

1. A single console for multiple systems.

I'm in a situation where I have to put several desktop workstations in a rack.  But
there is no room to have a console for each of them.  Does anyone here have any
experience providing a single console for multiple workstations?  Either hardware or
software.

We are considering a PC with multiple serial ports and software to handle all of the
ports simultaneously.  Does anyone have a suggestion for multiport boards and software?

The systems will be a mixture of Sun's and HP's up to 6 systems.

Thanks

---

Sanford Whitehouse      Phone    : (408) 433-6378        _____
LSI Logic Corporation   Pager    : (408) 699-1144    LSI|LOGIC| (R)
3115 Alfred St.         FAX      : (408) 986-1486       |     |

2. Throughput measure with Netpipe

3. Multiple Screens on single Sun?

4. Linux on 500 mhz DEC Alpha (user friendly install?)

5. Coming back to Console login screen.

6. Problem loading AT&T Unix 3.2.2 on NCR PC386sx

7. Screen goes crazy after I switch from a X view back to regualr console.

8. reserve quote character '\'

9. Multiple console screens on Solaris 2.5.1 for Sparc

10. Multiple screens on console

11. how to set up multiple virtual console screens?

12. SCREEN for Linux? (Multiple virtual consoles?)

13. multiple fall back back pages after username/password failure