Automounting on Solaris 2.4 with NIS+

Post by Ellen Ba » Fri, 22 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I am looking for a good description of updating auto mount maps
and restarting the automounter (cleanly) to use the updated maps.

Also...Is it possible to use admintool (or something easier than
nisaddent) to create auto mount maps other than auto_master and
auto_home.  I'd like to have an auto_direct and auto_indirect map
that are served by nis+.

Thanks,

Ellen Ball

1. Enable NIS under HPUX so it'll work with Solaris 2.4 NIS+....

Hi there,

well, after hours of reading manuals, FAQs and trying to get things up
and running I could need some help from you out there :-))

What I did so far: installed NIS+ successfully on Solaris 2.4 and
configured one of our HP 9000/700 to use NIS (main job was to start
ypbind!)

It successfully uses our NIS+-Server (running in compat-mode) with
stuff like ypcat group or similar, just created groups appear, so I'm
pretty sure that NISin general DOES work!

The only problem is:

I cannot log in, and that is the interesting part of NIS/NIS+, the
central maintenance of passwd ond such stuff. I deleted a dummy-user
from /etc/passwd and the shadow-file And added the +:0:0::: (or
similar) line to the passwd.

But each time I'll try to log in as the dummy-user I get

         Login incorrect

while using the same passwd under solaris 2.4 works like a charme!! I
also checked the perms for nobody and verifyed that I

        ypcat passwd

under HPUX reveals the correct information!

As you may realize, I'm pretty stuck and could honestly need some
help!

Any hints are welcomed, if email drops in, I'll summarize! Pointers to
FAQs (I checked quite a few but wasn't successfull finding help) are
also appreciated!

Thanks,

                Thomas

 APSfilter - ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de /pub/Linux/local/packs/APSfilter

2. Install Linux in SparQ 1.0G

3. Solaris 2.4 automount and 2.5.1 NFS server problems?

4. IBM ISA Etherjet NIC Driver

5. Automounting under Solaris 2.4

6. crontab - last day of month

7. Solaris 2.4 & Automount

8. Recycle sign display on Pismo

9. Solaris 2.4 automount (?) problem

10. automount reading sun's automount file or NIS map

11. Sol 2.5 NIS Server & 2.4 NIS Client?

12. NIS + Solaris 2.5 + wuftp 2.4.2b11 = :(

13. Sendmail 8.7 breaks Solaris 2.4 NIS+