Genuity Managed Services, Woburn, MA
*** DON'T SEND TECHNICAL QUESTIONS DIRECTLY TO ME, post them to newsgroups.
Please DON'T copy followups to me -- I'll assume it wasn't posted to the group.
It explains how to check if the service is running, and how to fix it.
The personnel office received an email requesting a listing
of the department staff be supplied, broken down by age and sex.
The personnel office sent this reply:
"Attached is a list of our staff. We currently have no one broken
down by age and sex. However, we do have a few *ics."
1. Need help with rpc.statd and rpc.lockd messages (AIX 3.2)
For each workstation that I've upgraded to AIX 3.2 so far, we start to
get these messages on the console:
Cannot register service: RPC: 1882-008 timed out
rpc.statd: 1831-119 unable to register
(SM_PROG, SM_VERS, udp)
rpc.lockd: 1831-057 unable to register
(NLM_PROG, NLM_VERS, tcp)
Are we missing something in /etc/services? Any suggestions or help or
comments would definitely be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
2. copyinstr and copyin crashes my kernel extension in aix 5.1 L..
3. HELP!- I need rpc.lockd and rpc.statd for linux.
5. Need help with RPC timeout error
6. 1.6g IDE, 1.2.13 - is this safe?
7. Bad MNT RPC: hostname:/filesystem: RPC: Authentication error
9. rpc.nispasswdd: rpc.nispasswd Error in accessing NIS+ cold start file... is NIS+ installed?.
10. mount clntudp_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Authentication error
11. RPC: Port mapper error RPC: Unable to recieve
12. How to use rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd?
13. Where are rpc.portmap, rpc.mountd, rpc.nfsd?