Driver: DDI_NT_NET causes panic, DDI_PSEUDO works. Why?

Driver: DDI_NT_NET causes panic, DDI_PSEUDO works. Why?

Post by Gerald Heini » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi again all,

Ive finally got my driver to work on an open() call to the special
device node. Id like to know, however, why it is that as soon as I
create a device node as a pseudo driver, I can open the device no
problem. If, however, I create it as a network device (DDI_NT_NET as
paramter to ddi_create_minor_node), the write STREAMS queue doesnt get
created and a mutex lock in the queue structure is referenced at
location 0 -> BOOM!
Why is this? Why do network devices get different STREAMS queues to
pseudo devices? (If they dont, then Id like a good explanation of what
Im observing!)

Thanks for any clues/answers

Gerald

1. Why does SCO PINE cause kernel panic on Interactive?

Usually SCO binaries work on Interactive UNIX but PINE causes a kernel
panic  - anyone got any idea why? Will I have to produce a version
compiled for Interactive?

Thanks, Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades
Pricom Pty Limited

S-mail: GPO Box 3411 Sydney NSW 2001 Australia
http://www.usyd.edu.au/~okx/home.htm
Names of known ancestors (mostly from the UK):   ADAMSON BAILEY CHIGWIDDEN
CHURCH DAVIES HENDERSON KEOUGH LAW MAY (MAI-Poznan) McMAHON OLIVER PEGUS
RANKIN RHOADES SIMMONS SMITH SOLLOWAY TUCKEY TUNKS WHITTET

2. Is SCSI limited to 1024 cylinders?

3. Device Drivers causing panic in Sched

4. Modem Question

5. change to drivers/scsi/scsi.c as of 1.3.9 causes panic

6. UUCP/TCP Feeds not working...

7. why some modular SCSI drivers don't work with initrd ?

8. Video 'wrap-around' on S3-968 problems

9. Why my Ultra 60 CD driver cannot work?!

10. why does Linux printer driver work while Windows95 one does not?

11. 3C905C Driver had found..Why don't work on Solaris8....

12. PANIC PANIC PANIC

13. Floppy access causing kernel panic in schedule()