Printer Issue.

Post by John Marti » Sat, 09 Dec 2000 21:11:42

Need more info.

Is your printer directly connected (serial/parallel) or is it a network
printer. If it is a network printer then what is the IP address and hostname
of the printer. Does it have an entry in your /etc/hosts file.

What makes you suspect that it is going elsewhere?

The output from "lpstat -t"  would also be useful.

JJ

1. SCO Openserver Printer issues

Greetings,

We use several SCO Openserver 5.0.5 servers in our environment.
I am trying to set up a remote printer between two servers.

Server A that hosts the printer does have the correct entries in
the hosts.lpd and hosts.equiv file to allow Server B to print to it.

When Server B prints to the remote printer, the first page prints correctly
but subsequent pages have a few blank lines between the top of the page
and the text.  After the next page the blank lines increase.
Its basically a huge joke.

We've tried countless approcahes to remedy this, but nothing seems to work.
The files we print (if you can call it that) are regular text files.

If anyone has a suggestion, I'd be most appreciative.

Robert Annandale

2. comp.unix.sco.misc Administrative FAQ

3. Printer Issues .. Urgent !

4. Igniting a Linux box

5. Newbie Printer Issues

6. Install 3.0 on DEC 3000/300