Account activity logging

Post by Dionte S. Wilso » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 04:44:11

Does anyone know if Solaris provides the ability to log each of its user account
activity, while the user is logged in. For example, if I log onto a Unix machine
and execute some commands, its there a feature that comes along with Solaris
that allows this activity to be logged.  Need help.

--
Dionte Wilson
6400 East Broad Street

Account activity logging

Post by marvi » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 05:46:33

> Does anyone know if Solaris provides the ability to log each of its user account
> activity, while the user is logged in. For example, if I log onto a Unix machine
> and execute some commands, its there a feature that comes along with Solaris
> that allows this activity to be logged.  Need help.

> --
> Dionte Wilson
> 6400 East Broad Street
> Room 64A-333
> Columbus, OH 43213
> (614) 860-3255

try acct or pacct.

Also "script" but didn't test one.

Account activity logging

Post by Darren J Moffa » Sun, 28 Jan 2001 07:07:26

> > Does anyone know if Solaris provides the ability to log each of its user account
> > activity, while the user is logged in. For example, if I log onto a Unix machine
> > and execute some commands, its there a feature that comes along with Solaris
> > that allows this activity to be logged.  Need help.

BSM auditing with the ex class turned on is probably what you are
looking
for if you just what to know what they ran and at what time rather than
the actual out put of the commands.

For information on BSM auditing see the SunSHEILD BSM section of the
answerbook on http://docs.sun.com

My article on BSM at http://www.securityfocus.com in the FOCUS-SUN
sections.

And articles on SunSolve online if you have a SunSolve account.

--
Darren J Moffat

Account activity logging

Post by Raymond N Shwa » Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:12:20

Quote:>Does anyone know if Solaris provides the ability to log each of its user account
>activity, while the user is logged in. For example, if I log onto a Unix machine
>and execute some commands, its there a feature that comes along with Solaris
>that allows this activity to be logged.  Need help.

        Are you looking for something more than old-fashioned PWB Accounting?
The "System Accounting" package will track login/logout and command usage,
and you can run daily and monthly report summaries. They will only track the
command (e.g. "rm") but no arguments. System Accounting also includes the
SAR utilities. For real-time monitoring there's always "ps".

1. Account activity logging

Does anyone know if Solaris provides the ability to log each of its user account
activity, while the user is logged in. For example, if I log onto a Unix machine
and execute some commands, its there a feature that comes along with Solaris
that allows this activity to be logged.  Need help.

--
Dionte Wilson
6400 East Broad Street
Room 64A-333
Columbus, OH 43213
(614) 860-3255

2. Winbook XLi uses Trident Cyber9397 video chip

3. X-term problem (The Unterminal by AMR)

4. Logging account activity

5. Creative DVD-ROM

6. Netowrk activity with no activity?

7. 4.0 upgrade - ata driver switch problem

8. Log all user activity?

9. Logging Activity

10. Logging all users activity.

11. Can syslogd log all users' activities

12. Where is anon ftp activity logged ?