Solaris, Windows NT, Window 95, Linux boot question

Solaris, Windows NT, Window 95, Linux boot question

Post by Kevin Woodwa » Tue, 24 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I have all four of these OSs installed on one of my computers. While they all
work fine, the boot process is a pain. I hoping someone can suggest a way to
fix it.

Right now I have to boot Linux from a floppy. If I don't use the floppy, the
Solaris boot manager comes up and gives me a choice of Solaris or the MS-DOS
partition. If I choose the MS-DOS partition, the NT boot manager comes up and
gives me a choice of NT or 95. I would much prefer to have a single menu that
list all four OSs, rather than having to go through several layers of menus.

If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Post by Stuart.Big.. » Tue, 24 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>I have all four of these OSs installed on one of my computers. While they all
>work fine, the boot process is a pain. I hoping someone can suggest a way to
>fix it.

>Right now I have to boot Linux from a floppy. If I don't use the floppy, the
>Solaris boot manager comes up and gives me a choice of Solaris or the MS-DOS
>partition. If I choose the MS-DOS partition, the NT boot manager comes up and
>gives me a choice of NT or 95. I would much prefer to have a single menu that
>list all four OSs, rather than having to go through several layers of menus.

>If anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it.

>Thanks,

I suggest that you try System Commander from V Communications, Inc.
I have tried it (only with DOS and OS/2 so far) and it works nicely on
my notebook.  The manual covers Solaris and NT (and various other OS).
I'll soon try Solaris (on a new disk in a docking station).

4320 Stevens Creek Bl, STE 120
San Jose CA 95129
408 296-4224
(from the manual for Ver 2.2 dated Oct 95)

Just a user.

Stuart Biggar