QLogic Fast!SCSI adapter card and Solaris x86

QLogic Fast!SCSI adapter card and Solaris x86

Post by Michael A L » Sat, 10 Sep 1994 10:01:10

Hi,

  Anybody out there been able to make Solaris x86 2.4
work with a QLogic Fast!SCSI adapter?

  My dorkhead brother didn't bother to check the compatibility guide
before buying his disk controller.

Thanks,

Michael Leo
ADC Telecommunications
(612) 936-8305 (voice)

--

Michael Leo
ADC Telecommunications

Post by Steve Lipetz-SunSoft-Atlan » Sat, 10 Sep 1994 23:15:14

> Hi,

>   Anybody out there been able to make Solaris x86 2.4
> work with a QLogic Fast!SCSI adapter?

>   My dorkhead brother didn't bother to check the compatibility guide
> before buying his disk controller.

> Thanks,

> Michael Leo
> ADC Telecommunications
> (612) 936-8305 (voice)

I'm afraid you're out of luck on this one. I don't see any plans for the
device on the roadmap. The only hope I could offer you is to call the manufacturer
and "suggest" they consider developing a Solaris driver for their stuff.
We will support them in their effort. Customer requests cut more ice than any
other mechanism around.

This is the route many of the major IHVs are starting to come around to (finally).
Solaris on X86 is starting to get some serious momentum with the 2.4 release.

-sal-
---
Steven A. Lipetz                        SunSoft, Sun Microsystems Inc.
Strategic Accounts Sys Eng Mgr          115 Perimeter Center Place, N.E.

(404) 901-6915 FAX:(404)512-0566        Atlanta, GA 30346

1. QLogic Fast!SCSI adapter card and Solaris x86

Q Logic states that driver support is a big priority for them,
and I believe I heard that they are working on a driver for
Solaris x86.  You might want to check with their tech support
available through internet at:

-Lewis
--
__ _________________________________________________________ __
\/ BASIS, Inc., 5758 Hollis Street, Emeryville, CA 94608 USA \/

2. Changing data segment size

3. Install with a Qlogic ISA Fast FL SCSI Adapter

4. Help! Trident TGUI9440Agi!

5. Qlogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI Host Adapter: Status?

6. CGI prob using IMG

7. FreeBSD & Qlogic Fast! Fl SCSI/2 card

8. Mirrored Rootvg and Partital dumps to hd6

9. Qlogic Fast SCSI ISA Card

10. Looking for a driver for the Qlogic Fast Scsi IQ PCI card.

11. Qlogic Fast!SCSI Basic card

12. QLogic Fast!SCSI card??

13. SCSI Orb drive with Qlogic FAST SCSI