graphics card

Post by Mathewson Cra » Fri, 08 Jul 1994 04:54:41

I have a Diamond speedstar PRO installed in my PC which is not based on the
ET4000 chip.  I need to know if there are any patches out there that will allow
me to make it work in a Solaris for x86 environment v2.x.  I currently am using 2.2
does 2.4 support alot more graphics cards?

thanx

1. openGL Graphics card/all around graphics card recommendations?

Hello,

I am in the process of building a "second" PC which will run Linux,
most likely RedHat 6.0 or above.  One of the applications I intend to
run will do some intensive rendering/surfacing/CAD type stuff and runs
with the MESA library under Linux.

The Vodoo3 3000 cards are inexpensive enough for me to consider buying
one - and I know there is a Linux driver under development for this
chipset.

I also know that XFree86 has some support for 3Dlabs chips such as the
Permedia 2 on the ever popular under Windows Fire GL 1000.  So, I am
looking for opinions from those out there with some experience in this
area on the following questions:

1.      Which of these currently "supported," at least somewhat, would
give the best performance and why? (Under NT for CAD type
applications, from what I know, the answer would most likely be the GL
1000.)
2.      Which of these cards would give the best overall performance?
3.      Is there a better solution such as with a TNT2 or some other
chipset?

Thanks in advance!

All the best,
Matthew

2. Micron portable CD ROM problem ???

3. Voodoo 3 Graphics Card drivers for full screen graphics

4. Another MS bug

5. Re-activate onboard graphic chip with AGP graphic card plugged?

6. Netscape 2.01 problems

7. A Graphics card and adapter to give 24-bit graphics + 64k colours.

8. GV 33.6 modem and Linux

9. Voodoo 3 Graphics Card drivers for full screen graphics

10. spider graphics card, promise EIDE card, adaptec 2842a = HELP!

11. Which graphics card & sound card would be recommended for a new pc

12. About integrated sound card and graphics card

13. Video Card probs. - Gateway STB, AGP 4MB Graphics Card ????