Need to buy a X86 Solaris 7 system

Post by Glenn Dolla » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I need to buy a X86 system to run Solaris 7 as a single user server for
home use, i.e. learning.  I intend to work with all the network pieces
of Solaris.  I've downloaded the Solaris PC compatibility guide, but I
need help knowing what really works best and what to stay away from.
Any and all help determining a reasonable cost X86 system would be
greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
$

Need to buy a X86 Solaris 7 system

Post by Glenn Dolla » Sat, 26 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I need to buy a X86 system to run Solaris 7 as a single user server for
home use, i.e. learning.  I intend to work with all the network pieces
of Solaris.  I've downloaded the Solaris PC compatibility guide, but I
need help knowing what really works best and what to stay away from.
Any and all help determining a reasonable cost X86 system would be
greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
$

1. Need to lease-to-buy or lease a x86 solaris machine

If you know of a outfit (or are an outfit) that leases or even better
provides lease-to-buy options for solaris x86 capable machines.  scsi
based pentiums are what we are most interested in.

I would like to hear from you. I'm ready to lease one NOW.  and
possibly buy more in the future.  So please send me email or give me a
call soon as possible. Thanks.

GTE Weather Systems Group   31717 La Tienda Dr, Westlake Village CA. 91359

2. Red Hat 5.0 install boot disk fails, newbie about to have a stroke

3. I want to buy Solaris x86 in Sweden

4. Book on Pefect Setup???

5. Where to buy Solaris x86 Application Server?

6. Bus error in 1.3.9

7. Where to buy Corel WordPerfect (Suite 7) for Solaris 2.5.1 x86 ?

8. Slow VisionFS

9. Can I Buy Solaris 2.5 fot x86 ???

10. What modem/sound card to buy for Solaris on x86?

11. Which Pentium Laptop to buy for Solaris 2.4 (x86)?

12. Erratic behaviour of System time on Solaris 8 - x86 system

13. How do I buy Solaris x86 at a discount as a starter