TCP/IP address change under Solaris 2.2

Post by Charles Buec » Wed, 04 Aug 1993 22:41:48

Hi all,
I have been faced to big problems when I attempted to move my NIS+ root
server to an another ip subnet. Since this kind of move (ip address change)
occurs pretty often in our company, I would like to know if somebody has
established a general procedure to achieve this.

I have found some hints in the answerbook, commands like nisupdkeys and
so on, but I'm looking for something that work, not dummy tricks !

Help will be apreciated, regards from Switzerland, Ch. Bueche

Ascom Infrasys AG
Solothurn, Switzerland

1. Changing IP address on Solaris 9 with multiple virtual IP addresses

Hi

We are running Solaris 9 and have configured the one physical NIC with
2 IP addresses allowing us to run 2 web servers and keep both on port
80. Is changing the IP address assigned to each host as simple as
changing the entries in /etc/inet/hosts or do I need to start messing
with ifconfig?

TIA

Robert

2. whare can I find masq software?

3. tcp/ip hangs on Solaris 2.2

4. Openserver printing to Netware networked printers

5. Solaris 2.2 tcp/ip performance

6. One more time: /usr/include/linux, /usr/include/asm

7. change MAC address can change IP address of a machine?

8. Boot process stops

9. How to change TCP/IP address on a SCO box?

10. TCP/IP address change question

11. Changing TCP/IP address in 2.5.1

12. Changing TCP/IP address.... Answered, Thanks

13. changing IP address: /etc/default/tcp and S85tcp