PC File Viewer/Solaris 7: where is it?

Post by Laszlo Ernesto de Miranda Pin » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

   Hi,

   I just installed Solaris 7 in a Sun clone (Axil 320). According with
Sun, "PC file viewer is included with Solaris 7", however I was unable to
find it. I checked the AnswerBooks, but also found nothing. Does anyone
know where is it ?

   Thanks,

   Laszlo de Miranda Pinto

--

Modern man is the missing link between apes and human beings.

PC File Viewer/Solaris 7: where is it?

Post by Steve Bellen » Tue, 15 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>   Hi,

>   I just installed Solaris 7 in a Sun clone (Axil 320). According with
>Sun, "PC file viewer is included with Solaris 7", however I was unable to
>find it. I checked the AnswerBooks, but also found nothing. Does anyone
>know where is it ?

/opt/SUNWdtpcv/bin
--

PC File Viewer/Solaris 7: where is it?

Post by Will Smit » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> >   I just installed Solaris 7 in a Sun clone (Axil 320). According with
> >Sun, "PC file viewer is included with Solaris 7", however I was unable to
> >find it. I checked the AnswerBooks, but also found nothing. Does anyone
> >know where is it ?

> /opt/SUNWdtpcv/bin

ordinateur [/opt] > uname -a
SunOS ordinateur 5.7 Generic i86pc i386 i86pc
ordinateur [/opt] > ls
SUNWebnfs/  SUNWits/
ordinateur [/opt] >

does PC File Viewer not get installed with Solaris 7/Intel?

---
William Smith    timex-at-tpau.kluge.net
Biddeford, ME    http://www.kluge.net/~timex

Post by Matthew Woodbridg » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> > >   I just installed Solaris 7 in a Sun clone (Axil 320). According with
> > >Sun, "PC file viewer is included with Solaris 7", however I was unable to
> > >find it. I checked the AnswerBooks, but also found nothing. Does anyone
> > >know where is it ?

> > /opt/SUNWdtpcv/bin

> ordinateur [/opt] > uname -a
> SunOS ordinateur 5.7 Generic i86pc i386 i86pc
> ordinateur [/opt] > ls
> SUNWebnfs/  SUNWits/
> ordinateur [/opt] >

> does PC File Viewer not get installed with Solaris 7/Intel?

As far as I know, there is no PC File Viewer for Solaris x86.

Regards,

Matthew

--

The man who worships a tyrant in heaven naturally submits his neck to
the yoke of tyrants on earth.

        -- George W. Foot, Flowers of Freethought

Post by Taylor Huf » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

>    Hi,

>    I just installed Solaris 7 in a Sun clone (Axil 320). According with
> Sun, "PC file viewer is included with Solaris 7", however I was unable to
> find it. I checked the AnswerBooks, but also found nothing. Does anyone
> know where is it ?

>    Thanks,

>    Laszlo de Miranda Pinto

> --

> Modern man is the missing link between apes and human beings.

PC file viewer 1.0.1 lives on the "Software Supplement for the Solaris 7
Operating Environment" CDROM.  It is not installed with the O/S CDROM.

Post by John Riddoc » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> >   Hi,

> >   I just installed Solaris 7 in a Sun clone (Axil 320). According with
> >Sun, "PC file viewer is included with Solaris 7", however I was unable to
> >find it. I checked the AnswerBooks, but also found nothing. Does anyone
> >know where is it ?

> /opt/SUNWdtpcv/bin

The package is on a seperate CD, which probably doesn't come with the
free Solaris.

--

Room C4, School of Computer and Mathematical Science
Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, AB25 1HG