asppp Problems

Post by Mik » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 00:04:02

Thanks to those who replied to my earlier query about Solstice PPP.

I've reverted to asppp thanks to the link I was given before but I am still
having problems.
When I reboot the machine it dials out as the link comes up. This isn't
really a problem. It's when I've made another connection and it then hangs
up after my timeout but it doesn't flush the routes and reinitialise the one
to my nameserver so I end up with a dead link to default via my ipdptd0
interface. So I then ping my ISP again and nothing happens. Has anyone got a
reliable connection with the bundled version of asppp in Sol7? I have the
same problems on a S8 box too. Is the version from
ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/ppp/ any better? Currently to run this machine as my
single point to the internet is not going to work.

Thanks again.

Mik

asppp Problems

Post by ken » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 02:08:28

Hi - I don't know the answer to your question but my line
always stays up.

Might try bumping up the time out in

        /etc/asppp.cf

by adding

        inactivity_timeout 72000

-- Ken

> Thanks to those who replied to my earlier query about Solstice PPP.

> I've reverted to asppp thanks to the link I was given before but I am still
> having problems.
> When I reboot the machine it dials out as the link comes up. This isn't
> really a problem. It's when I've made another connection and it then hangs
> up after my timeout but it doesn't flush the routes and reinitialise the one
> to my nameserver so I end up with a dead link to default via my ipdptd0
> interface. So I then ping my ISP again and nothing happens. Has anyone got a
> reliable connection with the bundled version of asppp in Sol7? I have the
> same problems on a S8 box too. Is the version from
> ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/ppp/ any better? Currently to run this machine as my
> single point to the internet is not going to work.

> Thanks again.

> Mik

asppp Problems

Post by martha starke » Sat, 20 Oct 2001 22:07:02

> Thanks to those who replied to my earlier query about Solstice PPP.

> I've reverted to asppp thanks to the link I was given before but I am still
> having problems.
> When I reboot the machine it dials out as the link comes up. This isn't
> really a problem. It's when I've made another connection and it then hangs
> up after my timeout but it doesn't flush the routes and reinitialise the one
> to my nameserver so I end up with a dead link to default via my ipdptd0
> interface. So I then ping my ISP again and nothing happens. Has anyone got a
> reliable connection with the bundled version of asppp in Sol7? I have the
> same problems on a S8 box too. Is the version from
> ftp://ftp.samba.org/pub/ppp/ any better? Currently to run this machine as my
> single point to the internet is not going to work.

> Thanks again.

> Mik

you can change the timeout value to 0 which means never time out.  This won't
stop the ppp server from timing you out if that to worry about.

1. asppp problem between two solaris boxes

I have two solaris 2.5 boxes (one sparc, one i86) connected by a
serial line.  The sparc is the server, the i86 the client.  I have
been able to establish a ppp connection between them.  However ping
only goes one way.  When I ping from the i86 box to the sparc I can
see the packets coming in (via snoop or in the asppp.log file).
However, nothing goes back.  If I ping the i86 box from the sparc box
I get the following in the console (sparc box):

        ip_rput: DL_ERROR_ACK for 7, errno 3, unix 0
        ip_rput: DL_ERROR_ACK for 7, errno 3, unix 0
        ip_rput: DL_ERROR_ACK for 7, errno 3, unix 0
        ip_rput: DL_ERROR_ACK for 7, errno 3, unix 0
        ip_rput: DL_ERROR_ACK for 7, errno 3, unix 0
        ip_rput: DL_ERROR_ACK for 7, errno 3, unix 0

ifconfig on the sparc box gives me

ipdptp0: flags=8d0<POINTOPOINT,RUNNING,NOARP,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet 128.149.181.1 --> 128.149.181.2 netmask ffffff00
        ether 0:0:0:0:0:0

netstat -rn gives me

128.149.181.2        128.149.181.1         UH       2      2  ipdptp0

Any clues would be appreciated.

Matt

--

2. dhcp

3. Odd asppp problem

4. Unknown terminal type: Linux

5. asppp problem

6. dhcp client messages to root console

7. Recommended cluster/asppp problem

8. v

9. Asppp Problem w/Solaris7

10. cu and asppp Problem under Solaris2.5.1

11. asppp <-> asppp.cf problem!

12. asppp hangup problem

13. problem with asppp, please help