clearing jar files from netscape cache

Post by mcquai » Sat, 20 May 2000 04:00:00

I am running an application on netscape which uses jar files.  However it is
picking up out of date jars.

I have cleared the netscape cache directory both manually and from netscape.
I have searched the machine for all other cahces found one, but it was
empty, did a remove anyway, paranoid at this stage.

I cleared the tmp directory of jar_cache.tmp files.  I have also searched
for all other jars on the machine and have removed the jars my application
was using and have replaced them with the current jars.

Its still finding the old ones somewhere.

Any new suggestions much appreciated.

clearing jar files from netscape cache

Post by Marti » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I am running an application on netscape which uses jar files.  However it is
>picking up out of date jars.

>I have cleared the netscape cache directory both manually and from netscape.
>I have searched the machine for all other cahces found one, but it was
>empty, did a remove anyway, paranoid at this stage.

>I cleared the tmp directory of jar_cache.tmp files.  I have also searched
>for all other jars on the machine and have removed the jars my application
>was using and have replaced them with the current jars.

>Its still finding the old ones somewhere.

>Any new suggestions much appreciated.

Are you sure that it is the browser that is caching the jar files? Have you
tried removing them from the web server and confirming that the browser does
not complain that they are missing?

The reason that I ask is because I have been tricked like this recently and
eventually tracked it down to a bug in the Java IDE which I was using
(Borland's JBuilder) which was not rebuilding JARs correctly and was including
out of date versions of my class file in them! I had to delete all the class
files and JARs and then rebuild in order to force the new code through...

Martin

1. vi: file.clear==>file.encrypt==>file.clear ?

I have used the command "vi -x confess.it" to encrypt the file
confess.it, but I want to know how to use vi to write out a decrypted
version of the now encrypted file confess.it.

Thanks.

 -rw
--
---
 * Origin:  Bay Cove  *  Clearwater, Florida *  813 538-0091

2. Blender And MESA

3. Clear Netscape Cache

4. ipnatcfg

5. Clearing the Netscape cache.

6. cannot run kde in S.u.S.E. 5.3

7. Problem with ELF and Netscape *.jar files.

8. Xfilemanger problems and missing libxv3.so.3

9. java/43949: Port java/jump should install jump.jar in shared jars dir

10. clear command - Clear does not clear my screen.

11. ftp and jar-files (class files)

12. CLASSPATH java40.jar linux-netscape

13. java40.jar error in netscape