Problem with Solaris 5.7 and xmcd

Post by Christine McKenn » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have installed xmcd onto an Ultra 10 running Solaris 5.7 and everything was working fine.

Working fine that is UNTIL I rebooted the machine and now, it still plays the CD, however,
no sound comes out of the speakers.

I have gone to the audio tool under administration, and I CAN play a *.au file and it is fine,
I have the Devices in the audio tool configured to play out to the speakers.

Anyone have any idea how this might happen and how to get it fixed?

thanks

dave z

Problem with Solaris 5.7 and xmcd

Post by craigy.. » Sat, 08 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I have installed xmcd onto an Ultra 10 running Solaris 5.7 and everything was working fine.

> Working fine that is UNTIL I rebooted the machine and now, it still plays the CD, however,
> no sound comes out of the speakers.

> I have gone to the audio tool under administration, and I CAN play a *.au file and it is fine,
> I have the Devices in the audio tool configured to play out to the speakers.

> Anyone have any idea how this might happen and how to get it fixed?

> thanks

> dave z

i see the same problem on my ultra-5.  the only way i've ever gotten
around the problem is after a reboot to run workman first.  workman
is a cd player that was popular under openwindows i think.  after that
xmcd works just fine for me.

craig

"I made a personal evaluation of Hillary Rodham (now Mrs. Clinton),
a member of the staff we had gathered for our impeachment inquiry on
President Richard Nixon. I decided that I could not recommend her
for any future position of public or private trust."

                        Jerry Zeifman -- House Judiciary Committee

1. Java 1.3 socket problem in 420R with Solaris 5.7

Hello everyone,

I am connecting a C code and a Java code using sockets.
When sending a byte of information between the C program and
the Java program, with a value bigger than 128, the Java
application receives trash... but only with this OS and machine
configuration:

- "C program" configuration:
    - SunOS 5.8 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
- "Java program" configuration:
    - SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,420R
    - Java version: 1.3.0

Nevertheless, if the second machine is a:
    - SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250

,
everything works right.

We think there can be either some java patch we're not correctly
installing in the 420R, or a problem with that machine.

Can anybody help us?

TIA,

Justo Hidalgo.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. X-Windows, AIX and OSF Motif

3. Compilation Problem: solaris 5.7 and Sun Workshop 5.0

4. Linux is to X as Dos is to Win31

5. 20GB HDD and Solaris 5.7 for intell makes problem

6. dump: master/slave botched

7. Performance problems with solaris 5.7

8. Strange memory usage behaviour

9. Problems Compiling glib on Solaris 5.7

10. Problems compiling sniffit on Solaris 5.7

11. xterm or less problem between Solaris 5.7 and Slackware 2.0.36

12. PDF Printing problem on Solaris 5.7

13. purify problems with X11 libs on Solaris 5.7