Streams interface to Sun HSI cards, Need help

Streams interface to Sun HSI cards, Need help

Post by Shayne Wissl » Sat, 09 Jul 1994 02:01:40

If there is anyone who has a clue about writing to a streams driver,
please help!!!

I just got in some HSI cards and Solaris 2.x driver software from Sun
and am trying to send some simple messages with "putmsg". When I run the
diagnostics, I see that the interface is working correctly, but I can't get
the following code to work:

main()
{
  int fd = open("/dev/hih0", O_WRONLY);
  if (fd < 1) {
    cerr << "Couldn't open device." << endl;
    exit(-1);
  }
  cerr << "Opened device" << endl;
  int MAXSIZE = 1152;
  char buf[MAXSIZE];
  struct strbuf data;
  data.maxlen = 1152;
  data.buf = buf;
  while (1) {
    int g = read(0, buf, MAXSIZE);
    cerr << "Sent " << g << " bytes" << endl;
    if (g < 1) return 0;
    data.len = g;
    if (putmsg(fd, 0, &data, 0)) perror("putmsg");
  }

Quote:}

It opens the device, sends about 3 packets (which don't make it out the
interface), and blocks. I assume that since the diagnostics work, I am
using putmsg wrong for this driver. The documentation doesn't give any
examples.

Thanks for any help !!

Shayne