zip drive?

Post by Thorsten Kraus » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello Ray,
Are You using an IDE or an SCSI (internal) Zip Drive?

Regards   Thorsten Krause

RaySeb schrieb:

Quote:> How do I use my internal zip 100 drive in Solaris?  I installed Solaris 7 on
> an intel machine.  It recognized my floppy and my cd drive but not my zip
> drive. I am totally new to Solaris as I just wanted to try out their system
> and get into their Java developing via j2sdk on their own platform. Thanks
> in advance Ray.

zip drive?

Post by RaySe » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hello Thorsten,
I am using a IDE internal Zip drive.

Quote:> Hello Ray,
> Are You using an IDE or an SCSI (internal) Zip Drive?

> Regards   Thorsten Krause

> RaySeb schrieb:

> > How do I use my internal zip 100 drive in Solaris?  I installed Solaris
7 on
> > an intel machine.  It recognized my floppy and my cd drive but not my
zip
> > drive. I am totally new to Solaris as I just wanted to try out their
system
> > and get into their Java developing via j2sdk on their own platform.
Thanks
> > in advance Ray.

1. HELP: IDE ZIP drive and Red hat, cannot access Zip drive

Hi Linux friends,

I have a IDE ZIPdrive and want to use it under Linux
Currently I have Redhat 4.1 installed.

During start-up it finds my IDE zip at /dev/hdc (/dev/hdb
is my IDE cdrom), however any attempt to mount a disk or to access with
mtools failed. Mtools gives me a read error, with obscure messages like
hdc: packect command error: status=0x51 error=0x50.... (sigh)

Do I have to upgrade to Redhat 5.0. I read somewhere that it might work.
Does anybody has more experience with this matter and hence could
anybody give me some valuable advice, before I run to the store and buy
redhat 5.0 or get myself a scsi ZIP drive.

Thanx guys,

Hans Kramer

2. __deprecated requires gcc 3.1

3. Zip Zoom Cards & Zip Drives

4. Asm: stdout access

5. Zip temp FAQ: Linux Zip drive

6. IPFW logging question

7. New version of Mumail: 2.3b

8. ZIP drives ain't zipping

9. Zip temp FAQ: Linux Zip drive

10. Zip drive w/ Zip Zoom card

11. Iomega ZIP parallel zip drive under red hat linux 6.0 problem solved

12. ATAPI Zip in Linux (Was Re: ZIP drive parameters)