tracking anonymous ftp service

Post by Kevin N. Ot » Sat, 15 Jan 1994 23:13:54

I have sucessfully set up an anonymous ftp service.

How can I check/record the text strings entered at the
password prompt?

How can I echo text to the persons anonymously ftping in,
similar to motd?

The manuals do not appear to help.

Any answers would be great, could you please email them directly
as well as posting.

Thanks,

Kevin N. Otto
Dept. Mech. Eng.
MIT.

Post by Georg S. Nikod » Thu, 20 Jan 1994 15:54:26

 KNO> How can I check/record the text strings entered at the
 KNO> password prompt?

 KNO> How can I echo text to the persons anonymously ftping in,
 KNO> similar to motd?

 KNO> The manuals do not appear to help.

 KNO> Any answers would be great, could you please email them directly
 KNO> as well as posting.

Your best bet is to get the WUSTL ftpd from wuarchive.wustl.edu.  It
does all the things you ask and more.
--
Georg S. Nikodym  -  (905) 271-4599 / 720-4729
Noweh Software - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA

1. Tracking ANONYMOUS FTP

  How are anonymous FTP logins tracked??   I know that some systems want you
to send your ID as the password but Ive looked all over documentation and
my system but cant seem to find any log of this information.

--

  Standard disclaimers apply, except where prohibited by law...

2. H E L P ! - Sound!

3. Tracking anonymous FTP

4. Mordor 4.0 MUD Server now available

5. Freshly installed FTP service only supports anonymous users

6. Need help w/HTTPd server

7. anonymous FTP service

8. Linux on Seattle TV and radio news

9. Anonymous FTP service on a Solaris 2.4 Machine.

10. Anonymous ftp services

11. Anonymous FTP access from non-anonymous account

12. How to prevent anonymous ftp w/wu-ftp

13. Setting up FTP/Anonymous FTP