dtmail file associations

Post by Kevi » Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:16:12

A while back I had installed Quick View Plus for Solaris (which they no
longer produce :(  ) on a Solaris 8 system. I had to reinstall the
application into a different location, however dtmail is still looking for
the old binary when a rtf/doc file is double-clicked.  Where are these
setting stored? I've look in /etc/dt but couldn't find anything. Is it
user-dependent?

Thanks,

Kevin

dtmail file associations

Post by Richard L. Hamilt » Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:04:16

Quote:> A while back I had installed Quick View Plus for Solaris (which they no
> longer produce :(  ) on a Solaris 8 system. I had to reinstall the
> application into a different location, however dtmail is still looking for
> the old binary when a rtf/doc file is double-clicked.  Where are these
> setting stored? I've look in /etc/dt but couldn't find anything. Is it
> user-dependent?

dtmail _should_ key on the MIME type of the attachment (way back when,
I think it sometimes mistakenly keyed on the file name extension).

I think the file you're looking for is dejaVu.dt, in either
/usr/dt/appconfig/types/C or /etc/dt/appconfig/types/C.
See dtdtfile(4), dtdtsfile(4), and dtactionfile(4) for the format of the
file.  See dttypes(1) for a tool for debugging the type databases.
Remember you have to reload the type and action definitions with

dtaction ReloadActions

after changes, or else log out and back in again, for them to take effect.

--

dtmail file associations

Post by Jorgen Moquis » Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:48:20

>>A while back I had installed Quick View Plus for Solaris (which they no
>>longer produce :(  ) on a Solaris 8 system. I had to reinstall the
>>application into a different location, however dtmail is still looking for
>>the old binary when a rtf/doc file is double-clicked.  Where are these
>>setting stored? I've look in /etc/dt but couldn't find anything. Is it
>>user-dependent?

> dtmail _should_ key on the MIME type of the attachment (way back when,
> I think it sometimes mistakenly keyed on the file name extension).

> I think the file you're looking for is dejaVu.dt, in either
> /usr/dt/appconfig/types/C or /etc/dt/appconfig/types/C.
> See dtdtfile(4), dtdtsfile(4), and dtactionfile(4) for the format of the
> file.  See dttypes(1) for a tool for debugging the type databases.
> Remember you have to reload the type and action definitions with

> dtaction ReloadActions

> after changes, or else log out and back in again, for them to take effect.

can it be the pc-fileviewer ?, if so try the link
http://www.sun.com/desktop/products/software/pcviewer.html/j?rgen

dtmail file associations

Post by Kevi » Sun, 30 Nov 2003 01:51:12

> can it be the pc-fileviewer ?, if so try the link
> http://www.sun.com/desktop/products/software/pcviewer.html
> /j?rgen

It's not PC File Viewer, or DejaVu. I installed JASC's Quick View Plus
for Solaris (v2.x). File Viewer and DejaVu work fine, they're just not
associated with some of the file extensions.

Kevin

dtmail file associations

Post by Jorgen Moquis » Sun, 07 Dec 2003 06:47:11

>>can it be the pc-fileviewer ?, if so try the link
>>http://www.sun.com/desktop/products/software/pcviewer.html
>>/j?rgen

> It's not PC File Viewer, or DejaVu. I installed JASC's Quick View Plus
> for Solaris (v2.x). File Viewer and DejaVu work fine, they're just not
> associated with some of the file extensions.

> Kevin

sorry i think im lost !
/j?rgen

1. Open Windows File Manager File Associations

Just a quick question to those that are more experienced Sun'ies than me
Any idea where the file manager maintains its list of actions and icon
associations for files/ file types?
I looked around in /etc, /usr/openwin/etc, etc. :-) and no luck :-(
Thanx

I choose life! I'll live the best one that I can create! Join the ride!

2. source code for fbsd misc

3. KDE 3.0.1, kcontrol->File Browsing->File Associations icon bug?

4. Pthread, LWP

5. File Manager and File associations

6. creating bootable disk

7. CDE File Manager - file association.

8. Config option to compile pppoe ? (SuSE 7.2)

9. File "association"?

10. gnome file association not being remembered

11. How to get my file associations back from Real1Player

12. File Associations on KDE

13. Nasty Annoying File Association Problem