** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

Post by Levyte35 » Fri, 12 Dec 2003 20:19:07



This is kinda urgent, Doing evaluation first, spend later.

Anyone know a link to download any Sybase DB
for Solaris x86 ? (Eg ASA 7.0.x).

Will buy ASE 12.5 sol x86 later if Platform supports business function.
haven't
seen eval version of ASE 12.5 for sol x86 yet.

And not interested in Linux+ASE at his time.

Also, considering derezing Sol 10 install for Sol 9 instead, as Sol 9 is
tested
and not Beta, any thoughts from the Gurus.

Thanx for info and no flames in advance.

 
 
 

** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

Post by John D Groenve » Fri, 12 Dec 2003 21:52:17




>This is kinda urgent, Doing evaluation first, spend later.

Your Sybase sales rep is the person to ask to get a copy of
the software for evaluation, particularly if in you're a
hurry.

John


 
 
 

** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

Post by Super-Use » Sat, 13 Dec 2003 22:48:23





> >This is kinda urgent, Doing evaluation first, spend later.

> Your Sybase sales rep is the person to ask to get a copy of
> the software for evaluation, particularly if in you're a
> hurry.

> John


Did that, but no Eval version for ASE 12.5 Sol x86 available.

Only 30 day returnable lend to Corporates, or 150 Developer
Edition.......cough, choke, splutter...

So, "Still" looking for old version of ASA (7.0.[3,4]) Sol x86 to
download and try out.

 
 
 

** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

Post by Rich Tee » Sun, 14 Dec 2003 07:19:52


On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, it was written:

Quote:> At least you're not whining about the $20 cost to download Solaris...

And that, at least for the time being, is history.  Solaris
x86 downloads are free once again.

--
Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA                               .  *   * . * .* .
                                                     .   *   .   .*
President,                                          * .  . /\ ( .  . *
Rite Online Inc.                                     . .  / .\   . * .
                                                    .*.  / *  \  . .
                                                      . /*   o \     .
Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638                            *   '''||'''   .
URL: http://www.rite-online.net                     ******************

 
 
 

** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

Post by Sunn » Sun, 14 Dec 2003 07:32:34








>>>>This is kinda urgent, Doing evaluation first, spend later.

>>>Your Sybase sales rep is the person to ask to get a copy of
>>>the software for evaluation, particularly if in you're a
>>>hurry.

>>>John

>>Did that, but no Eval version for ASE 12.5 Sol x86 available.

>>Only 30 day returnable lend to Corporates, or 150 Developer
>>Edition.......cough, choke, splutter...

>>So, "Still" looking for old version of ASA (7.0.[3,4]) Sol x86 to
>>download and try out.

> Legally, I think you'll have to either put up the money or do without.  
> Why not go with MySQL since you seem to be 'without resources'?  

> If Sybase is so important, surely a couple months of Mac'n Cheese for
> dinner is worth it.

> At least you're not whining about the $20 cost to download Solaris...

I am! It's very annoying to pay for something last week and find out
it's free this week!
 
 
 

** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

Post by Tom Hamilto » Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:33:15









>>>>>This is kinda urgent, Doing evaluation first, spend later.

>>>>Your Sybase sales rep is the person to ask to get a copy of
>>>>the software for evaluation, particularly if in you're a
>>>>hurry.

>>>>John

>>>Did that, but no Eval version for ASE 12.5 Sol x86 available.

>>>Only 30 day returnable lend to Corporates, or 150 Developer
>>>Edition.......cough, choke, splutter...

>>>So, "Still" looking for old version of ASA (7.0.[3,4]) Sol x86 to
>>>download and try out.

>> Legally, I think you'll have to either put up the money or do without.  
>> Why not go with MySQL since you seem to be 'without resources'?  

>> If Sybase is so important, surely a couple months of Mac'n Cheese for
>> dinner is worth it.

>> At least you're not whining about the $20 cost to download Solaris...

> I am! It's very annoying to pay for something last week and find out
> it's free this week!

Would you like donations of Mac and Cheese?
 
 
 

** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

Post by Beard » Sun, 14 Dec 2003 18:34:28









>>>>> This is kinda urgent, Doing evaluation first, spend later.

>>>> Your Sybase sales rep is the person to ask to get a copy of
>>>> the software for evaluation, particularly if in you're a
>>>> hurry.

>>>> John

>>> Did that, but no Eval version for ASE 12.5 Sol x86 available.

>>> Only 30 day returnable lend to Corporates, or 150 Developer
>>> Edition.......cough, choke, splutter...

>>> So, "Still" looking for old version of ASA (7.0.[3,4]) Sol x86 to
>>> download and try out.

>> Legally, I think you'll have to either put up the money or do
>> without.  Why not go with MySQL since you seem to be 'without
>> resources'?
>> If Sybase is so important, surely a couple months of Mac'n Cheese for
>> dinner is worth it.

>> At least you're not whining about the $20 cost to download Solaris...

> I am! It's very annoying to pay for something last week and find out
> it's free this week!

Works both ways: I seem to remember a thread wherein Sun actually made
the first release of Solaris Express available to *anyone* inside or
outside the program; accidentally, natch. Also Philips on their website
about a year ago accidentally offered a digital camera for 99 GBP
instead of its MRP of 299 GBP. After several hundred were sold, and the
mistake noticed, the website was corrected... Take gifts when you can,
and don't regret gifts missed, or gifts to be.
 
 
 

** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

Post by Levyte35 » Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:47:34



Quote:> Must say ....
> trying to get free software that is not 100% free. it is up to you !

WARNING:aimless, uninformed, self contradicting, bandwidth wasting drivel
detected...

Solaris x86 was free, but downloading it didn't used to be, so was it a
crime obtaining it ? NO.

SYBASE ASA 7.0.2 Evaluation edition was free software, was "100% free",
and free to download, so it is actually "up to you" to acquire the facts
before
engaging your mouth.

Quote:> i personally have been waiting SOLARIS X86 to be 100% free for years
> since SUN changed their policy to make money just download binaryfree
> licenced SW... IT IS A HARD LIFE !!! that you don't get your Sybase
> free. but maybe in a 10 years it might will be free.....

Your Point ? Solaris x86 was free to download, and then it wasn't and now it
is again

Sybase is not mine, and it doesn't make life "HARD" either, however, life is
often
complicated when arseholes such as yourself post uninformed, opinionated,
unintelligible
claptrap, that wastes bandwidth and contributes negatively to an informed
and positive arena.

Quote:> BUY A LICENCE OR STOP POSTING !!!!!!!!

I believe it wasn't a condition of the Evaluation release of ASA 7.0.2 to
buy a license,
so why are you dictating that which the actual software house did not
stipulate ?

Quote:

> someone

Not suprised you would'nt use "ANY" kind of identity, especially regarding
your
obvious incomprehension of the facts and further incomprehension of the
English language.
 
 
 

** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

Post by Gl.. » Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:38:00


Quote:> + On 12-Dec-03 23:19:52


Quote:>On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, it was written:
>> At least you're not whining about the $20 cost to download Solaris...
>And that, at least for the time being, is history.  Solaris
>x86 downloads are free once again.

The only good thing with that is that it might be a few less whines
about it..

However, I would be glad if Sun could put up Sol8/sparc for download,
especially the HW-versions, that is virtually impossible to get
hold of, even if you have a valid licence for it and have a machine
that cant use earlier versions (SFV 210/240 for example).

The girl at Sun Sweden told me that "I can see that you are allowed to
use it, but I cant send it to you." and "You can download Solaris 9"

..If I could or wanted to use Solaris 9 I wouldn't have asked for solaris 8 :P

 
 
 

** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

Post by Beard » Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:41:20



> Not suprised you would'nt use "ANY" kind of identity, especially regarding
> your
> obvious incomprehension of the facts and further incomprehension of the
> English language.

Not taking any sides in this argument, but the person who uses "...and
further incomprehension of the English language" having previously used
"would'nt" should be a tad careful...
 
 
 

** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

Post by Super-Use » Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:51:43




> > Not suprised you would'nt use "ANY" kind of identity, especially regarding
> > your
> > obvious incomprehension of the facts and further incomprehension of the
> > English language.

> Not taking any sides in this argument, but the person who uses "...and
> further incomprehension of the English language" having previously used
> "would'nt" should be a tad careful...

Yes, quite correct, sorry about that. But this guy had me typing
and restraining fire from my nostrils at the same time.

Telling me to buy a license for evaluation software or stop posting......

OK.. kill -9 flame.ksh;

 
 
 

** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

Post by Tom Hal » Tue, 16 Dec 2003 07:07:55



Quote:>However, I would be glad if Sun could put up Sol8/sparc for download,
>especially the HW-versions, that is virtually impossible to get
>hold of, even if you have a valid licence for it and have a machine
>that cant use earlier versions (SFV 210/240 for example).

Actually, you can download Solaris 8 HW 7/03 (which supports the 210s
and 240s) for free:

http://jsecom15c.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet?StoreId=8&PartDetailI...

Regards,

Tom Hall

 
 
 

** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

Post by Gl.. » Wed, 17 Dec 2003 05:33:08


Quote:> + On 14-Dec-03 23:07:55


Quote:>>However, I would be glad if Sun could put up Sol8/sparc for download,
>>especially the HW-versions, that is virtually impossible to get
>>hold of, even if you have a valid licence for it and have a machine
>>that cant use earlier versions (SFV 210/240 for example).

>Actually, you can download Solaris 8 HW 7/03 (which supports the 210s
>and 240s) for free:
>http://jsecom15c.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet?StoreId=8&PartDetailI...
>s_8_PSR3-SP-G-F&TransactionId=try&LMLoadBalanced=

Strange, coz I couldnt find it when I looked, and Sun told me that it
was impossible to download it too..

I'm not connected now, but I check the URL as soon as I am, would be
great if you are correct.

 
 
 

** URGENT **Still Need Sybase DB for Solaris x86

Post by Tom Hal » Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:22:27



>> + On 14-Dec-03 23:07:55

>>>However, I would be glad if Sun could put up Sol8/sparc for download,
>>>especially the HW-versions, that is virtually impossible to get
>>>hold of, even if you have a valid licence for it and have a machine
>>>that cant use earlier versions (SFV 210/240 for example).

>>Actually, you can download Solaris 8 HW 7/03 (which supports the 210s
>>and 240s) for free:

>>http://jsecom15c.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet?StoreId=8&PartDetailI...
>>s_8_PSR3-SP-G-F&TransactionId=try&LMLoadBalanced=

>Strange, coz I couldnt find it when I looked,

Well, it may have been added to their website fairly recently. I went
looking for it last week because I needed it for a 440 and I found it
pretty easily.

Quote:> and Sun told me that it was impossible to download it too..

The left hand frequently doesn't know what the right hand is doing
with Sun :)

Regards,

Tom Hall

 
 
 

1. I Need a Sybase DB Server on my solaris x86 box !!!!!!

I intend to install Solarix x86 v10 ASAP.

 Need to locate a Sybase DB or the know  how to get one running
on the above.

 Know ASA 7.0.4 was last release for Solaris x86, but where can I get it now
?

 Think there used to be a version of ASE (11.0.3 ?) that ran on Solaris x86.

Have heard that Linux ASE 12.5 *may* run on above with aid of lxrun,
most of a linux install, duck tape, and a rabbit's foot.

 Would prefer hacking and slashing and old version to get it to run on V10
 than have half a linux setup that "might work".. bit of a purist thing for
 me.

 Have tried searching NET (using ftp search sites) for ASA 7.0.3 for sol
x86,
 but to no avail.

 Yes I know Linux ASE 12.5 runs luvely on MDK 9.1/RH9 and others, but I need
 sybase on good ol Solaris.

 Anyone any sugggestions.. ?

Yes, I am willing to hack scripts, patch executables,
 binary edit .a's, .so's., change _main to _Main in libcrt0, use "strings"
 naughtily  and whatever.. Been doing that on SunOS/Solaris::Sparc for 9
 years... B-]

2. Q: agetty ttyS1 irq clash with ttyS3?help?

3. Solaris as client to NT Sybase SQL Anywhere db?

4. which command look like the "prtdiag " can print the system status of SUN OS 5.4 system?

5. Help to start with c/Sybase/DB-Library on Solaris

6. multiple motherboards

7. SYBASE db-lib and solaris threads

8. HEEEEELPPPP!!!!

9. Sybase for Solaris x86

10. Sybase for Solaris on Intel x86

11. solaris 7(x86) and db-1.85

12. ODBC driver / SQL Server DB-Lib for Solaris x86

13. Apache module to use Sybase db for user authentication