I have never used Sun's Volume Managment Software, is it possible to use
this (or some other included software ) to mirror a partition?
There are pretty good "task directed" docs for it. If you don't have a
set of manuals, docs.sun.com has them online.
Unix System Administrator Taos - The SysAdmin Company
Got some Dr Pepper? San Francisco, CA bay area
< This line left intentionally blank to confuse you. >
1. Solaris Volume Mangement Prolbems!
I installed Solaris 2.6 x86 on my PC and I have serious Problems with
the volume-management. I'm still booting using a boot-disk, because
there's still Linux on my computer.
Often when booting Solaris the boot procedure hangs at the point where
volume-management is starting. I'm using a SCSI-hard-disk for solaris
and an IDE-CDROM connected to the second ide-controller of the
mainboard. I think the CDROM is the Problem, but I'm not really
sure. I even tried to switch off the CDROM in the BIOS, but problems
still occur and my machine still hangs very often. Only sometimes -
after about three or four tries, solaris boots up properly.
Does anyone have similar Prolbems? Can anybody tell me what to do, to
avoid these volume-management Problems?
// Institut fuer Betriebssysteme und Rechnerverbund
// Technische Universitaet Braunschweig
2. How to list directories in UNIX-Format
3. WISE Project Mangement Tool
4. NAT: 1-1 mapping from 192.168.x.x to 10.168.x.x ?
5. Power Mangement does it has a bug?
6. Oracle Listener problem in Solaris 9
7. Bandwidth Mangement / Firewall / Graphing
10. Any source mangement tools have web interface?
11. Generic user mangement tool
12. Using DiskSuite ufs logging on Volume Manager logical volumes?
13. Mounting Volume Manager File Systems without the Volume Manager software