GNOME Monitor Applets don't work

Post by Michael Manso » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I am uunable to get the GNOME Monitor applets to work.
When in try to use the CPU or network monitors, none of
them displays any information. Do they need to run as root(suid).
or do they only work on linux.

#####################
Michael D. Manson

Post by Drazen Kac » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> I am uunable to get the GNOME Monitor applets to work.
> When in try to use the CPU or network monitors, none of
> them displays any information. Do they need to run as root(suid).
> or do they only work on linux.

Where did your binaries come from?

--
 .-.   .-.    I don't work for my employer.
(_  \ /  _)

1. Help wanted: applet viewer don't work on X11

Hi,

I have two problems:

a) Concerning the linix kernel 2.0.9.
   I can't compile the java script more than one time on X11, but i
   can do it without X11 or use the old kernel (1.2.13).

b) The java interpreter don't work. The error message is following:

   java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using
   ':0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
        at sun.awt.motif.MToolkit.<init>(MToolkit.java:41)
        at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(Toolkit.java:191)
        at java.awt.Window.getToolkit(Window.java:155)
        at java.awt.Frame.addNotify(Frame.java:82)
        at java.awt.Window.pack(Window.java:89)
        at GUIWindow.main(GUIWindow.java:84)

   I have tried to change the DISPLAY variable for example ws:0.0
   but still don't work.  The other X applications work very well.

Thanks a lot in advance !

taofen wang

2. errpt -> UID?

3. Arrow Keys don't work in Java Applet on Netscape on SunOS

4. Self unpacking compressed tarfiles ?

5. Java applets don't work in Netscape on RH 6.0

6. Slirp problem?

7. Gnome and virtual consoles don't work with suspend.on Dell Latitude?

8. yp_all - RPC clnt_call (transport level) failure

9. after update, config tools and gnome don't work well...

10. Gnome needs E, E don't need Gnome

11. Fix for Gnome 'modem lights' applet?

12. Monitor power saver modes don't work right

13. Oh, fooey -- drivers don't work, rpm doesn't work