per interface throughput wanted

Post by Darren Dunha » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Greetings.  I know with a netstat -I <int>, I can get a total packet
count per interface for a machine.  Over time, I can calculate
throughput.

Is there any way to measure data (KB or MB) rather than packet counts?
I'll take it at any layer (ether, IP, TCP...).   I have a multiheaded
machine and am trying to calculate the usage of each segment.  I don't
have the ability to measure all the segments simultaneously other than
via this machine.

Thanks

--
Darren Dunham

1. Getting network throughput in bytes per second

Hi all.

I was asked today how to get the volume (in B/s or such) going through a
network (interface). Infortunately, I can only figure this out in
packets/second, which is not very reliable.

Any ideas out there? Much appreciated (I'll be needing this myself soon)

+-[ Cameron Kerr ]--------------------------+

|http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/cameronk/ |
|Computer Science Student / Systems Geek    |

2. Dell Computer & Linux

3. How to translate disk i/os per second to throughput?

4. multi-session CD's & Solaris 2.6

5. Any tools to do per-filesystem throughput monitoring?

6. SuSE 6.1 kernel for 6.0 ?

7. UDP throughput code: much lower than expected throughput

8. 2.1.90-96 ide and scsi disk problem

9. Two network interface = 200 Mbps throughput?

10. UDP throughput tool: unusually low throughput

11. Two network interface = 200 Mbps throughput?

12. Utility to summarize interface throughput??

13. Check the throughput of network interfaces