Sun Compiler 5.0 EA -- too big

Post by Steve Bellen » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Re Sun's workshop 5.0 early access.

Ok I downloaded all 1/4 GB of the files (14 tar files). But I am
short of disk space on the target machine. If I just want the C/C++
compiler/de* on this machine, which of the tar files do I need to expand?

The workshop_install program does not seem smart enough to look in
the tar files for what it needs.

TIA
--

Sun Compiler 5.0 EA -- too big

Post by Steve Bellen » Sat, 28 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>Re Sun's workshop 5.0 early access.

>Ok I downloaded all 1/4 GB of the files (14 tar files). But I am
>short of disk space on the target machine. If I just want the C/C++
>compiler/de* on this machine, which of the tar files do I need to expand?

>The workshop_install program does not seem smart enough to look in
>the tar files for what it needs.

Ok I did it myself, One needs parts 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9, and 12 to install
C/C++ and dbx.

--

1. Sun workshop EA compiler problem - options invalid for pre-unix 03 X/open app...

Trying to compile with the Early Access Sun Workshop 9 compiler, keeps
breaking on me on with the following error:

"Compiler or options invalid for pre-UNIX 03 X/Open applications  and
pre-2001 POSIX applications"

I get this same error every time it fails to compile something. Any
ideas what the problem is?

Thanks,

JF
StL

2. E250 hang after NIS slave

3. Looking for Sun WorkShop C++ Compiler 5.0

4. Micom Interlan Terminal Server needs reset.

5. Problem with Sun Compiler 5.0

6. EMC data manager (volume problems)

7. SUN Workshop C++ Compiler 5.0 dead slow

8. Help: firewall but no firewall?!?

9. Sun ANSI/ISO C++ 5.0 compiler released!!

10. Sun CC 5.0 compiler

11. SUN Workshop Compiler C/C++ 5.0

12. Problem w/ WorkShop C++ 5.0 EA

13. New X7052A - Sun 4 Gig Memory Kit $21,500.00/ea Kit