Screen Resolution in Solaris - HOW!!!!!?

Screen Resolution in Solaris - HOW!!!!!?

Post by Zbigniew Borgos » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

HI!

I'm looking for the way to change the resolution and color-depth in SUN
graphics environment.
I suppose it is done somewhere in ok-prompt, but where exactly?

The default color-depth is 8 (256 colors). I know, that my adapter can do
24.

Please, help!

Regs!
--
Zb

Screen Resolution in Solaris - HOW!!!!!?

Post by Fred Santo » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Zbigniew,

If you have Solaris 7, you have to issue the following command as superuser,
followed by a restart of the OS:

     m64config -depth 24

Hope this helps.

Fred

Post by Mike DuFresn » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Zbigniew,

> If you have Solaris 7, you have to issue the following command as superuser,
> followed by a restart of the OS:

>      m64config -depth 24

> Hope this helps.

Actually, I have question about the m64 fb. I have read in other places
that the original m64s were 8bit only, and that Sun had changed that to
24bit in the later models of the Ultra5. The U5 I have in front of me is
a 333mHz model, so I am guessing its a later model. How would I be able
to determine if this m64 supports 24bit or not? The box is currently
running Solaris 2.6 HW 5/98.

TIA,

Mike DuFresne

Post by Robert Yode » Fri, 09 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> > Zbigniew,

> > If you have Solaris 7, you have to issue the following command as superuser,
> > followed by a restart of the OS:

> >      m64config -depth 24

> > Hope this helps.

> Actually, I have question about the m64 fb. I have read in other places
> that the original m64s were 8bit only, and that Sun had changed that to
> 24bit in the later models of the Ultra5. The U5 I have in front of me is
> a 333mHz model, so I am guessing its a later model. How would I be able
> to determine if this m64 supports 24bit or not? The box is currently
> running Solaris 2.6 HW 5/98.

man m64config

ry
--

"Unix:  The Solution to the W2K Problem."

.

Screen Resolution in Solaris - HOW!!!!!?

Post by Fred Santo » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Mike,

It depends on the resolution youre running. The PGX24 board supports 24bit up to
1152x900. Also, you have to install patch 105362-18 to make the board work
correctly with 2.6 5/98.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Fred

> > Zbigniew,

> > If you have Solaris 7, you have to issue the following command as superuser,
> > followed by a restart of the OS:

> >      m64config -depth 24

> > Hope this helps.

> Actually, I have question about the m64 fb. I have read in other places
> that the original m64s were 8bit only, and that Sun had changed that to
> 24bit in the later models of the Ultra5. The U5 I have in front of me is
> a 333mHz model, so I am guessing its a later model. How would I be able
> to determine if this m64 supports 24bit or not? The box is currently
> running Solaris 2.6 HW 5/98.

> TIA,

> Mike DuFresne

Screen Resolution in Solaris - HOW!!!!!?

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Actually, I have question about the m64 fb. I have read in other places
>that the original m64s were 8bit only, and that Sun had changed that to
>24bit in the later models of the Ultra5. The U5 I have in front of me is
>a 333mHz model, so I am guessing its a later model. How would I be able
>to determine if this m64 supports 24bit or not?

m64config -res '?'

Univ. of California at Berkeley         http://soar.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/

Screen Resolution in Solaris - HOW!!!!!?

Post by Damir DEL » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

see following man pages :

man ffbconfig (/usr/sbin/ffbconfig)
man m64config (/usr/sbin/m64config)

__
Cheers, D.

1. Changing screen resolution AND virtual resolution?

Hi,
Does someone know if it is (or is not!) possible to change both the
screen resolution AND the virtual screen resolution at the same time
with the Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Plus/Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Minus keystrokes? I
typically run at 1024x768 but would like to be able to change to 800x600
or 600x480, but without getting the "scrolling" virtual screen as a side
effect.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Max.

2. LILO Woes

3. How do I set screen resolution in Solaris x86??

4. x86_64 syscall numbering

5. Solaris/X86, Changing Screen Resolution

6. Random screen blanking in X.

7. how to change screen resolution under solaris 9 CDE ?

8. Modem and kppp

9. setting up screen resolution/frequencies under Solaris

10. Changing screen resolution on SOlaris 7

11. Changing Screen resolution in Solaris 7

12. Changing Screen Resolution ( Solaris 7 )

13. Screen Resolution and virtual Screens