Solaris 8 6/00L Solstice problem - where is Adminsuite?

Solaris 8 6/00L Solstice problem - where is Adminsuite?

Post by Bob Beatt » Tue, 26 Sep 2000 04:00:00

We have not been able to run solstice on our newly-installed
Solaris 8 6/00.

When it is launched, it gives the error

        Solstice registry error
        Unable to locate registry
        Check whether adminstuite software is installed

and comes up with a blank launcher screen.

Where is adminsuite in the Solaris 8 6/00 distribution
and how do you force it to be loaded?
(there is certainly no sign of the 'easy access' software
that is distributed with Solaris 7.)

Our installation, was for the full solaris distribution,
apart from the OEM stuff

Thanks
Bob beattie

Solaris 8 6/00L Solstice problem - where is Adminsuite?

Post by Brian Scanl » Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Where is adminsuite in the Solaris 8 6/00 distribution
>and how do you force it to be loaded?
>(there is certainly no sign of the 'easy access' software
>that is distributed with Solaris 7.)

It's not in Solaris 8...

Brian.
--
Columnated ruins domino,
Canvas the town and brush the backdrop.

1. Solstice AdminSuite problem with NIS+ on Solaris 7

I just installed (not upgraded) Solaris 7 on all my sparc workstations and
configured them to use NIS+.
My domain is "cediti.be".

When I use the niscat and other command line NIS+ commands, everything works
as expected.
Howether, when I try to modify a table with solstice, it complains about my
domain name. The message is the following:

    "The operation failed with this status: "cediti.be" is not a valid NIS+
domain."

It seemed that the domain name was not fully qualified and that solstice
does not use NIS_PATH. I changed the domain name with:
    domainname cediti.be.

Now solstice seems to work. Should I change /etc/defaultdomain to
"cediti.be." or leave it to "cediti.be"?
I am puzzled because /etc/defaultdomain contained "cediti.be" when the NIS+
master was a Solaris 2.4 and admintool had no problem...

Andr April.

2. /etc/passwd file - Cannot LOG IN

3. Solstice AdminSuite & Solaris 8

4. null STREAMS driver

5. WTB: Solaris Solstice AdminSuite 2.x

6. user's machine name

7. Solstice AdminSuite 2.3 and Solaris 8

8. TCP server and client both suddenly get EOF on socket

9. solstice AdminSuite on Solaris 8 ??

10. Solstice AdminSuite 2.2 and Solaris 6

11. Problem with Solstice AdminSuite 2.3 and NIS+

12. Problems with Solstice Adminsuite

13. Solstice AdminSuite 2.1 - NIS+ problem