Problems with Tek printers and Solaris 2.3

Problems with Tek printers and Solaris 2.3

Post by Danny C » Sat, 20 Jul 1996 04:00:00

We seem to be having various printing problems and I wondered whether
anyone could give me any clues.

Our equipment is either Tek200 Tek240 or Tek340 printers connected to
Sparc  Solaris 2.3 or 2.4.

We have two problems:
1. When printing the printout comes out fine, followed by a blank page
   and then sometimes an error page with information suggesting
   somethin about timeouts or stack overflows.  The overflows suggest
   lack of RAM in the printers to me or a postscript loop - what's the
   timeout thing?
2. When printing, everything works fine for a while and then simply
   locks up.  We've had two versions of this - one where a system and
   printer reboot will clear the problem, and the other doesn't!  Any
   ideas??

Thanks for your help,

--
Cheers,
                        Danny         :D

Danny Cox, GMAP Ltd, GMAP House, Cromer Terrace, Leeds, LS2 9JU, UK

1. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link problems

Hi all,

We are attempting to link up two Solaris 2.3 networks via PPP and we are
running into some problems.  The link initialy comes up and we are able to ping
both sides for about 30 seconds or so and then nothing.  Does anyone have a
clue what could be hapening? We are stumped here.

Thanx,

- Steve
 Always going where no one has gone before...

2. sysent.h line 45: Error question

3. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link Problems

4. Truecolor X?

5. Solaris 2.3: printer problem

6. Penguins

7. Solaris 2.3 and printer problems

8. UNSUBSCRIBE

9. Solaris 2.3 printer problem

10. Problem adding printer under Solaris 2.3

11. Solaris 2.3: printer problem

12. Printing from Solaris 2.3 to a NeXT printer?

13. Solaris 2.3 and POSTSCRIPT printers......