named

Post by Yufeng Zho » Sat, 18 Apr 1998 04:00:00

We have 2 sun boxes with Solaris 2.4 & Solaris 2.5.1.
They are used as DNS server. What bother me is that
the name daemon is always go down(at lease 1 time per
week). I plan to start named in inittab but I don't
know if there is any problem with this, please give
me some advice.

Another is, what is differce between in.named &
in.tnamed, now we are running in.tnamed, is it OK?

Thanks,

1. Host name, primary name, domain name...?

Can someone please tell me what should I put for these name?

I have local network with several computers and one of them is running
redhat linux  6.1.  I also have an SMC router to get out to the

I want to setup my linux box to be my web/email/ftp/telnet server with
my registered domain name, goodman123.com.

host: c123456-a
domain: plano1.tx.home.com
IP: 24.1.2.3
nameserver1: 24.4.0.33
nameserver2: 24.4.0.34

SMC router:
IP: 192.168.123.254

linux box:
IP: 192.168.123.187

What should I put for these name?
<In netconf host basic configuration>
Host name:
Primary name + domain name:

<Resolver configuration>
Default domain:

<Basic sendmail configuration>
Present your system as:
Mail server:
Mail gateway:

Thanks!

2. Why is the outcome of 3/4 in bc zero?

3. Which named ?...Solaris 2.5 in.named or Berkley named ?

4. Display Problems WINLINUX

5. named.boot vs named.conf

6. raw SCSI devices

7. Server Domain name & Host name

8. What's the most popular window manager now?

9. change to new gid or new group name all files of given group name or gid

10. named unable to resolve a name?

11. change group name and gid for all files of given old group name or old gid

12. aggregate name -> dev.name patch

13. Generating named.data and named.rev with correct version numbers