Booting from EMC array

Post by DR » Tue, 15 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone set up a E4500 to boot from an EMC array?

Booting from EMC array

Post by John Filipkowsk » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I'm having trouble looking up which parameters can be set in
/etc/system.

I need to know how to set the parameters for semaphores, shared memory,
filesystem, etc.

That is,
<Module>:<parameter> = <value>

shmsys:shminfo_msgmax = 412893874

Where can I get a list of all the modules and their parameters on a
Solaris system?  Thanks!

Booting from EMC array

Post by Shawn Bro » Wed, 16 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>Has anyone set up a E4500 to boot from an EMC array?

It's not supported.  Sun and EMC both recommend against it.

Shawn

--

UNIX SA | Cisco IS Internet Operations Team | RTP North Carolina

Booting from EMC array

Post by Joel C. Wenge » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

On the contrary, EMC has qualified the booting of UE 4500 via SCSI.  Contact
your local EMC Sales Rep.

> >Has anyone set up a E4500 to boot from an EMC array?

> It's not supported.  Sun and EMC both recommend against it.

> Shawn

> --

> UNIX SA | Cisco IS Internet Operations Team | RTP North Carolina

Booting from EMC array

Post by Joel C. Wenge » Fri, 18 Feb 2000 04:00:00

On the contrary, EMC has qualified the booting of UE 4500 via SCSI.  Contact
your local EMC Sales Rep.

> >Has anyone set up a E4500 to boot from an EMC array?

> It's not supported.  Sun and EMC both recommend against it.

> Shawn

> --

> UNIX SA | Cisco IS Internet Operations Team | RTP North Carolina

1. CoExistence Question on EMC FC4700 & Sun A5100/A5000 Arrays

Hi,
   We are planning to attach a EMC FC4700 array to our SUN E6500 server.
The OS is 2.6 and we are running Veritas VM 3.0.2 without the DMP.
Currently we have 2 SUN A5100 arrays and 2 SUN A5000 arrays attached
to the E6500.  Each of the 4 SUN arrays has two fiber connections to the
E6500.  All together there are 8 fiber connections existing
on the server.
   Will this cause any problem with the ATF when we attach the
FC4700 array to the 2 new HBAs from EMC ??  Will it damage or overwrite
any of our existing fiber connections to the 4 SUN arrays ??
If they cannot co-exist, is there any alternative way that we can
follow to add them together ??
    Any recommendation and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Humphrey

2. PPPoE under OpenBSD 2.9

3. sunsolve: patches, and terminology...

4. Need help connecting EMC Symmetrix array

5. how to change rootdev - root disk

6. Using EMC PowerPath for LUNs in Hitachi 9585 storage array ??

7. Available memory at run time

8. EMC Centriplex Arrays

9. Recommendations/Advice Disk Arrays, EMC, NetApp Filer

10. CoExistence Question on EMC/SUN Arrays

11. SunSolstice 4.0/Array 100: How to boot from an Array disk?

12. Booting from EMC