set mail from address and mail reply adress in Unix command line

set mail from address and mail reply adress in Unix command line

Post by Paul Ye » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:22:00

Hi there,

I already know how to set mail from address and mail reply address in
unix (Solais) command line:

But how to set mail from address and mail reply address together in one
unix command line?

Thanks for your help?

Paul

Post by -wisegu » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:24:43

> Hi there,

> I already know how to set mail from address and mail reply address in
> unix (Solais) command line:

> But how to set mail from address and mail reply address together in one
> unix command line?

> Thanks for your help?

> Paul

some mail clients will accept a "From:" and "Reply-to:" header as part of the
message text...just experiment.

--
-- Rob Prowel (A.K.A. da wiseguy)

Post by Mike Tatu » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 05:47:27

>> Hi there,

>> I already know how to set mail from address and mail reply address in
>> unix (Solais) command line:

>> But how to set mail from address and mail reply address together in one
>> unix command line?

>> Thanks for your help?

>> Paul

> some mail clients will accept a "From:" and "Reply-to:" header as part
> of the message text...just experiment.

Could you not write a rewrite rule in the sendmail.cf file to do this ?

MikeT ...

Post by -wisegu » Fri, 16 Aug 2002 07:51:28

>>> Hi there,

>>> I already know how to set mail from address and mail reply address in
>>> unix (Solais) command line:

>>> But how to set mail from address and mail reply address together in one
>>> unix command line?

>>> Thanks for your help?

>>> Paul

>> some mail clients will accept a "From:" and "Reply-to:" header as part
>> of the message text...just experiment.

> Could you not write a rewrite rule in the sendmail.cf file to do this ?

> MikeT ...

You could, but I wouldn't.  I'd prefer to take care of return redirects at
the mail client level and not to hork with sendmail unless absolutely
necessary.

--
-- Rob Prowel (A.K.A. da wiseguy)