XDR freeware for NT - availability?

Post by Bruce Chamber » Wed, 19 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I read (somewhere) that Sun had placed XDR in the public domain.  I need
just a couple of routines for encoding/decoding XDR data, and something
to connect the XDR package to the (memory based) data stream.  I am
working under Windows/NT.

There are packages out there, but by the time I get a purchase order
through the company, my deadline will probably be a dim memory.
I have less than 2 months.

Any encouraging words?

Thanks;

Bruce Chambers

XDR freeware for NT - availability?

Post by dhagb.. » Fri, 21 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hunt for the "netcdf" or "nethdf" packages for portable binary data
transfer.  I believe they compile on NT, have very open licenses,
and a solid XDR implementation.

                        -=- D. J.

Quote:> I read (somewhere) that Sun had placed XDR in the public domain.  I
need
> just a couple of routines for encoding/decoding XDR data, and
something
> to connect the XDR package to the (memory based) data stream.  I am
> working under Windows/NT.

> There are packages out there, but by the time I get a purchase order
> through the company, my deadline will probably be a dim memory.
> I have less than 2 months.

> Any encouraging words?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.