Arrow keys in Solaris 2.5.1

Post by IVP A » Fri, 04 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hello!

I'm using an Sun Ultra 140E workstation with Solaris 2.5.1. As user shell
we use tcsh. In a command tool (OpenWindows, not CDE) you the can get the
previous command(s) by using CTRL-P and later command by CTRL-N. Editing of
a command can be done by CTRL-F (forward) and CTRL-B (backvard) (Emacs like
commands).

My problem is that we would like to use the arrow keys for this also, i.e.,
CTRL-P = arrow up, CTRL-N=arrow down, CTRL-B=arrow left, and CTRL-F=arrow
right.

I know that this worked on the older OS (not Solaris 2) but we do not know
how to make it work now!

Please help!

Regards
/Johan

1. Processing arrow keys, function keys, etc.

This might be a stupid question, but here it goes.

I'm working on a program that needs to process arrow keys, function keys,
and other special keys -- if they are available. What is the best way of
determining if such keys are available on the user's terminal and, if so,
what sequence of characters I can expect when they are pressed?

I looked at the curses library, but that seems mostly interested in
terminal independent output. It appears to have little to say about input.
I also looked a little at the lower level stuff (terminfo, termcap), but
again the information I'm interested in doesn't seem to be discussed there
either.

Am I missing something here?

TIA

Peter                                    http://twilight.vtc.vsc.edu/~pchapin

2. modem works, Internet does not

3. Distinquishing escape key from arrow and function keys

4. ppp-off sample?

5. arrow key problems in Solaris 7

6. Large file creation slowness

7. Konsole and <ins> <del> keys

8. Riva TNT cant get past Xserver

9. Ins key in ncurses applications?

10. Curses Problem with Arrow Keys

11. Arrow keys don't work in CDE

12. hpterm arrow keys not working in tcsh

13. Previous commands with arrow keys. Howto?