Anybody know anything about SWMtool?

Post by Ryan Henness » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 01:26:49

Hey,

Documentation on docs.sun.com + the swmtool man pages are pretty
sparse.  Does anybody know alot about it?

While swmtool installs packages in the correct order due to a .order
file in the packages root directory, it seems to uninstall them in an
arbitrary order.  Is there another file that swmtool looks in for the
uninstall order?

# cd $pkgdir
#  ls -d .*
./            ../           .clustertoc   .order        .swmrc
# cat .order

NNOSConf
NNConf
NNCPSS
NNCommon
NNperl
... many entries deleted ...

Anybody?
Ryan.

1. Idleout inadequacies - anybody know of anything better?

I am looking for a way to automatically log out idle users, truly idle
users that is, idle processes rather than idle screen I/O.  I may be
over-looking something, but it doesn't seem that the proc table tracks
the length of time a process has been in a sleep state.

Does anyone know of any good way of handling this?

2. Why X can't run?

3. Anybody know anything about debian?

4. pb XF86_FBDev

5. Anybody like/know anything about Caldera OpenLunux

6. IPTABLES: DNAT and FTP question

7. Does anybody knows anything about SLIP on Solaris ?

8. Kernel DMA allocation on X86?

9. Anybody know anything about java port?

10. Anybody know anything about linux?

11. Anybody know anything about IMAP?

12. CPU panic - anybody knows anything ?

13. NNTP over SSL, port 563, anybody know, anybody hear