Sunraster to Postscript

Post by Doug Shiple » Wed, 20 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I am trying to find a utility that will convert a sunraster
file into a postscript file.  Any suggestions would be
greatly apprec.  Already checked the FAQ.

D.S.

Sunraster to Postscript

Post by Ole Holm Niels » Sat, 23 Sep 1995 04:00:00

> I am trying to find a utility that will convert a sunraster
> file into a postscript file.  Any suggestions would be
> greatly apprec.  Already checked the FAQ.

With SunOS 4.1.X and OpenWindows 3.0 there is ras2ps:

NAME
     ras2ps - converts a Sun RasterFile to a PostScript file.

SYNOPSIS
     ras2ps [ -xxoffset ] [ -yyoffset ] [ -Xxscale ] [ -Yyscale ]
     [ -wwidth ] [ -hheight ] [ -rrotation ] [ -i ] [ -C ] [ -l ]
     [ -n ] [ -v ] [ -q ] [ rasterfile | - ] [ psfile ]

DESCRIPTION
     ras2ps converts a Sun RasterFile to a PostScript  file.   If
     both  filenames  are  missing,  the  rasterfile is read from
     stdin and the PostScript is written to stdout.  If there  is
     only  one filename, then it is interpreted as the rasterfile
     and is opened for input.  To have a named output  PostScript
     file  and  still  read the rasterfile from stdin, use a dash
     (-) in place of the input filename.

Ole H. Nielsen
Department of Physics, Building 307
Technical University of Denmark, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark

WWW URL: http://www.fysik.dtu.dk/ohnielse.html
Telephone: (+45) 45 25 31 87
Telefax:   (+45) 45 93 23 99

Sunraster to Postscript

Post by James Robins » Sat, 23 Sep 1995 04:00:00

The way cool graphics program 'xv' will do this. Also check
out the 'netpbm' suite of programs -- a must for any graphics
conversion machine.

--
James Robinson                             Phone: (704) 547-4876
Department of Computer Science             FAX:   (704) 547-3516

C*te, NC 28223-0001                   System Administrator

Sunraster to Postscript

Post by AlanLucer » Wed, 27 Sep 1995 04:00:00

D.S.

Download and compile ImageMagick from ftp.x.org to view most graphics
types and covert between them (including to postscript).  Download and
compile the GhostScript package and you can also convert from postscript.
There are instructions for compiling a few libraries first for some of
the handier graphics types, notably jpeg, tiff, and xpm.
bon chance.

Alan

Sunraster to Postscript

Post by Dale Timk » Sat, 30 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I am trying to do something similar with Solaris 2.4. I am using xwd to
capture the screen and then using xpr to convert it to postscript. The
resultant file prints fine but what I prefer to do is to use the file in
a Word Perfect document (on a pc) and none of the pc graphics converters
I have tried will convert this file correctly. I have tried Hijack,
presentations, gws, graphcnv to no avail. The conversion partially works
with Word Perfect's graphcnv but the resultant wpg file contains the text
header but not the converted graphics.

[...]

header but not the screen image.

1. sunraster to postscript

I am looking for a command line utility that will
convert a sunraster image file to a postscript format
so that it can be printed with 'lpr -v *.*'.
Any sugg. are greatly apprec.
--
******************************
* Doug Shipler               *

******************************

2. ifconfig le0 wound not save

3. Sunraster to PostScript translator

4. Expect Utility for AIX

5. SunRaster to Postscript

6. Motherboard Downgrade?

7. PRINTING POSTSCRIPT TO NON-POSTSCRIPT PRINTER - help...

8. My .forward is ignored

9. print postscript file to non-postscript printer

10. Postscript or non-postscript printer?

11. RTF -> Postscript or RTF -> PDF -> Postscript ?

12. convert postscript jop to non-postscript printer

13. Printing Postscript files on a NON-postscript printer