mounted compiler apps

Post by Kevi » Sun, 23 Feb 2003 12:46:07

Does anyone have a definitive guide on installing things like gcc on NFS
mounted filesystems?  Even if I use --prefix, it still seems to not be
able to find parts of the compiler like 'cpp' when running from another
machine with the partition mounted.  Any
tips/hints/suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin

mounted compiler apps

Post by Philip Bro » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:22:31

>Does anyone have a definitive guide on installing things like gcc on NFS
>mounted filesystems?  Even if I use --prefix, it still seems to not be
>able to find parts of the compiler like 'cpp' when running from another
>machine with the partition mounted.  Any
>tips/hints/suggestions?

Sounds like you just have a broken gcc install. (or a bad $PATH).
There should be no NFS-related issues here.

--
  http://www.blastwave.org/ for solaris pre-packaged binaries with pkg-get
    Organized by the author of pkg-get

                            http://www.spamlaws.com/state/ca1.html

1. Sun workshop EA compiler problem - options invalid for pre-unix 03 X/open app...

Trying to compile with the Early Access Sun Workshop 9 compiler, keeps
breaking on me on with the following error:

"Compiler or options invalid for pre-UNIX 03 X/Open applications  and
pre-2001 POSIX applications"

I get this same error every time it fails to compile something. Any
ideas what the problem is?

Thanks,

JF
StL

2. Looking for netware client stuff

3. Compiler options: linking libsndfile to my app

4. RED HAT RH 7.1

5. don't run an app at a mount point?

6. testin

7. Mount.app dockapp has been updated for Window Maker 0.80

8. iMac hard disk capacity question...

9. Can Unix OS 5.0.2 run mounted Xenix filesystems with apps?

10. C compiler + drivers + mounting

11. NFS mount Solaris -> Net app filer NT fileshare

12. C compiler, NFS Mount ??

13. hp-ux C compiler flags vs hp-aix C compiler flags