Idle slots in Sun StorEdge L100

Post by Shiva MahaDe » Tue, 02 Nov 2004 11:05:16

In my job I'm using Veritas NetBackup 4.5. Is there any way to issue a
command to see idle slots in Sun StorEdge L100 robot ?

Idle slots in Sun StorEdge L100

Post by ps » Tue, 02 Nov 2004 11:17:05

Quote:> In my job I'm using Veritas NetBackup 4.5. Is there any way to issue a
> command to see idle slots in Sun StorEdge L100 robot ?

What do you mean by "idle slot"?

Post by Jordan Catalan » Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:09:43

> In my job I'm using Veritas NetBackup 4.5. Is there any way to issue a
> command to see idle slots in Sun StorEdge L100 robot ?

try this

# vmcheckxxx
Usage: vmcheckxxx -rt robot_type -rn robot_number
   [-rh robot_control_host] [-h volume_database_host]
   [[-if inventory_filter_value] [-if inventory_filter_value] ...]
   [-full] [-list]
# which vmcheckxxx
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmcheckxxx

regards

Idle slots in Sun StorEdge L100

Post by Shiva MahaDe » Tue, 02 Nov 2004 23:19:57

Idle slot is a slot without SDLT inside it. Everyday I need put new SDLT
cartridges in this robot. It contains 6 SDLT drives. When robot is making
backups, 6 cartridges are mounted in the 6 drives, and I don' know which
slots can I put new cartridges, because 6 slots are idle but allocated by the
6 cartridges inside the 6 drives.

Post by ps » Wed, 03 Nov 2004 01:15:38

> Idle slot is a slot without SDLT inside it. Everyday I need put new SDLT
> cartridges in this robot. It contains 6 SDLT drives. When robot is making
> backups, 6 cartridges are mounted in the 6 drives, and I don' know which
> slots can I put new cartridges, because 6 slots are idle but allocated by the
> 6 cartridges inside the 6 drives.

>>> In my job I'm using Veritas NetBackup 4.5. Is there any way to issue a
>>> command to see idle slots in Sun StorEdge L100 robot ?

>> What do you mean by "idle slot"?

NB doesn't vacate a slot in a robot when the tape is mounted. So displaying
a robot's inventory with the GUI or from the command line with vmcheckxxx
will show you all slots, empty or not.

Idle slots in Sun StorEdge L100

Post by Shiva MahaDe » Wed, 17 Nov 2004 23:07:45

Thanks to all - vmcheckxxx -rt robot_type -rn robot_number command
solved my doubt.