netscape?

Post by dcarson » Sun, 17 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I downloaded the netscape Package from the sun site for solaris 7 (the
version i'm using). I've unzipped it and from the window menu, i've untared
it (or whatever the lingo is [I'm a newbie]). But when i try to use it i get
errors. The site said i needed to install the cluster
SUNCWuser, but i couldn't find it and i don't know how to add it. I've
installed netscape before with the webinstall which made it real easy, but
i'm having a hard time understanding zip, tar, gunzip, and how to add
packages. If anyone has the time to help...could you please?
           Thanks Much.......Dan C.

1. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

When trying to access http://www.internet.net/ we received the following
error within Netscape:

Error 400
Invalid request "CONNECT www.internet.net:443 HTTP/1.0" (unknown method)

When accessing the page through Mosaic we get the page without any errors!

Looking further into this, we realized that the http site was using a Netsite-Commerce/1.0 server.  Another note is internally we access the outside
world using a proxy server(CERN). On further investigation, we realized
that our environment variable in Netscape, Security Proxy, was set to our
proxy server.  Yet our proxy server (CERN) does not offer any of the
security methods.

How can we enable the CERN Proxy server to be able to pass through Netscapes security queries?  Any information would be helpful!

                        Thanks,
                        Vicki.

2. capi4hylafax

3. Netscape has detected a /root/.netscape/lock file????

4. System Programmer Wanted - Arlington, VA

5. Netscape 4.7 vs. Netscape 6.2 BASE URL PATH on a apache 1.3.26 server

6. loop in a loop?

7. netscape 4 and netscape from faststart living together

8. Graphical file manger

9. Netscape for X and Netscape for Win95 share cache?

10. problem Netscape Communicator 4.03 not running but netscape 3.04 is running

11. Netscape 4.77 *after* Netscape 6.01 ?!

12. Where to get Netscape Commicator for Solaris othe than Netscape itself?

13. Red Hat 5.0 & Netscape 4.04: Netscape out of memory error?