Problem with multiple addresses per interface

Problem with multiple addresses per interface

Post by Fourlanos Georg » Thu, 02 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have set up my ethernet interface to have multiple addresses, and it
works fine, the problem is that every time i try to connect from the
machine with the multiple interfaces to another, it sends every time a
diferent ip , is there anyway to stop this ??

1. Multiple addresses per interface? Any problems???

Hello:

I am setting up a httpd with Virtual hosts.  I need to have my ss20 respond to
multiple addresses. I used ifconfig to set this up.
        (ifconfig le0:2 111.111.1.100 up)  # First Virtual host
This seems to work.

I was wondering if any one has seen any problems with this.  ie. do I need to
delete/add any routes or mess with ARP entries?

Thanks for the help!!!!!

Dominick Glavach
Unix System Administrator               Phone: 814.269.2469

Johnstown, PA

.."The shortest distance between two points is
    usually under construction."...

2. RH-5.1 and NE2000 NIC

3. MULTIPLE IP ADDRESSES PER INTERFACE

4. Extraversion in System.map?

5. Multiple IP address per interface

6. Compile module after kernel?

7. vif-1.11 released (multiple IP addresses per interface for SunOS, HP-UX, Ultrix)

8. PPPoE problems with SBC

9. Multiple IP Addresses per Interface

10. Multiple addresses per interface

11. Multiple IPs per interface

12. 256 IP addresses per interface limit?

13. More than one IP address per interface