Need recommendations for database software

Need recommendations for database software

Post by Eric Willia » Wed, 22 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hoping someone could point me to some basic (i.e. not too fancy)
software that can run in a Solaris 2.x environment. We aren't
looking to run a business or anything, just organize research data.
Freeware or shareware would be great.

Any advice?

Thanks
Eric

Need recommendations for database software

Post by Perot System » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Eric,

Get mSQL (Minerva SQL)

     MiniSQL, or mSQL, is a lightweight database engine designed to provide
fast access to stored
     data with low memory requirements. As its name implies, mSQL offers a
subset of SQL as its
     query interface. Although it only supports a subset of SQL, (no views,
sub-queries etc.),
     everything it supports is in accordance with the ANSI SQL
specification. The mSQL package
     includes the database engine, a terminal "monitor" program, a database
administration
     program, a schema viewer, and a C language API. The API and the
database engine have
     designed to work in a client/server environment over a TCP/IP network.

Post by Peter Marela » Thu, 23 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> Hoping someone could point me to some basic (i.e. not too fancy)
> software that can run in a Solaris 2.x environment. We aren't
> looking to run a business or anything, just organize research data.
> Freeware or shareware would be great.

msql
http://hughes.com.au/
--
The Fulcrum Consulting Group               Peter Marelas - Consultant
12/10-16 Queen St, Melbourne VIC 3000,Australia   Ph: +61-3-9621-2100

1. Need Apache, Database & CGI Software Recommendation

Hello,
We are running Apache on a Dec Alpha (Unix 3.2C rev 148).  I have a
simple flat file PC database (Filemaker or MS Access) which we wish to
publish on the WWW.  We have successfully published it using Filemaker
and Tango on Webstar (Macintosh).  Now we need to migrate the database
and its search capabilities to the Apache/Unix server.

We really need to place the whole thing on the Apache/Unix system, so I
can't just provide a link from the Apache machine to the PC machine.
For reasons beyond me, we need to have all parts of the database/cgi on
the Apache/Unix system.

Since we are not exactly Unix gurus, could someone please offer a
suggestion for a) a database application, b) a cgi or other interface,
and c) any other potential solution?

Thanks in advance.  Please post and e-mail replies if possible to:

2. Trantor T130B- how to boot with?

3. Need recommendations on securing signature databases & public keys

4. Need Help sending UNIX plots to a NetWare plot queue

5. Solaris Security Software Recommendation Needed

6. Help with multiple ethers please

7. Ethernet: Many RX packet errors with Tyan S2257 Thunder 2400 and Rad Hat 6.2

8. I need software recommendations:

9. Video Card and PC NFS client software recommendation needed.

10. Need DATABASE SOFTWARE to run on UNIX/ULTRIX

11. Need Contact Database Software

12. need linux backup device/software recommendation